All reviews mini fridge night stay easy access hairdryer desk
Reviewed July 28, 2016

Husband made the reservations here because it was close to where we were visiting. We were there for 5 nights. The first bad sign was that check in time was 3pm. We arrived shortly after 3 to find out our room had not been cleaned yet. It wasn't like the housekeeper was just finishing up - she hadn't come back from her lunch break! We waited in the car - with a couple of restless service dogs. My husband wasn't even allowed to dash in and use the restroom! The room was finally finished at about 4:30 - an hour and a half after "check in". The floor was still damp; the footprints we left in the bathroom didn't get cleaned off the floor for 2 days! We had one set of towels for two people - and thin ones at that. No coffee maker in the room, no fridge or microwave in the room (hubby assumed they would have them). I left the used towels on the floor and in the shower when we went out - hint, hint, that means we need fresh towels. Came back that night and the towels were still there. BUT - the beds had been made, which we had told the housekeeper not to do. Went to get more towels and the front desk said they had a "shortage" of towels and grudgingly gave us 1 set (for the 2 of us) after trying to find some. Poor excuse. Part of the reason we chose this motel is because we have service dogs. They do have a small pet "restroom" area, but there are so many stickers, that the dogs refused to go inside the area after getting them in their feet one too many times. WiFi is advertised as $2.99 - wrong! Slow WiFi is $2.99 PER NIGHT! If you want High Speed WiFi for streaming, it's $4.99 PER NIGHT and it's slow. TV has bare minimum cable channels. No guides in the room for what channels ARE available - you have to ask. Only ONE wastebasket in the room - which got filled to overflowing every night. You had to remember to lift the handle of the toilet after flushing or it would run non-stop - even the housekeeper didn't do anything to stop it. We left at 9am and came back after 7pm and it was still running! Our room keys mysteriously got demagnetized on each of last 2 nights, requiring a hike to the office after a long day out. (I know better than to leave a magnetic stripe key next to a cell phone.) Staff was more or less friendly. As others have mentioned, it's not in the nicest area and some of the people who live there are a little "sketchy" in appearance. Final straw was after we'd left. I don't use my cel phone 24/7 and when we got to our first stop, I realized that I didn't have it in my purse. I thought it might have fallen into the trashcan the night before, when a few items fell off the desk. I begged for a cell phone from a nice kid working at McDonald's and called the motel. The man at the desk said housekeeping hadn't come in, but he would ask her to check for the phone. I suggested that they call the number and see if it rang in the wastebasket. He said he would do that. I asked them to send it to our home, as we were going to be on the road for a few more days - I'd pay postage. He said he'd check for the phone and would send it if they found it. The next day, my phone rang - I'd misplaced it in another bag. When I checked it for missed calls, there were NONE from Motel 6, so I know they hadn't bothered to look for the phone and I had been lied to. When we got home, I asked my husband where his sweater and my long sleeved shirt was. He thought I'd picked them up off the bed and I thought he'd picked them up. Since we got home nearly 2 weeks ago, I have called several times to ask about the items. Every time, I have been told, "it's not listed as being found and it's not in our Lost and Found, but I'll check with the housekeeper and I'll call you back". (That magical housekeeper - NOT!) No returned calls. Final call today. The clerk at the desk said there was nothing in the lost and found from our stay. She said that it was probably just thrown out! I don't care about my shirt, but it was my husband's special sweater and they THREW IT OUT! We've stayed at Motel 6 before with less than stellar accommodations but this one was the worst by far! Never, ever, ever again!

Room tip: If you stay in room 125, be sure to lift the handle on the toilet up after flushing or it's going to run all day/all night.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2016

I had a terrrible time checking in, was put in a room next to a very noisy highway. The rooms were OK and clean. The motel is short staffed who are nice but over-whelmed. Avoid this place, in my humble opinion.

Room tip: Avoid the freeway side.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2016

HOLY COW .... This is the worst .... EVER !!!! Horrendously rude front desk !!!! FILTHY ROOMS .and SMELLED LIKE SMOKE EVERYWHERE !!! Shady people everywhere and ladies earning a living .... on their backs ..... Outdated !!! Trust me ... I like Motel 6 .... but this one should be torn down or moved to a decent part of town WE LEFT !!!!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2016

this is the second Motel 6 I stayed at within the span of a week. They are remodeling their facilities. Though the room, etc. is still basic, the renovations are good. the rooms are clean and overall Motel 6 offers the basics and meets or exceeds expectations. They always accepts pets which is a big plus for me.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2016

The room was nice, it had enough room, the pillows were nice, the bed was solid, and I got good sleep. Wish they had a microwave, mini-fridge, and free WIFI. I would've rather stayed at a place that had those, but they were booked for the weekend due to events. Otherwise a fine place to be.

Date of stay: April 2016