“Quiet and comfortable hotel”

Silver Legacy Resort and Casino
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Big Pine, California
“Quiet and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had a room for 3 nights. The hotel room we had (we were on the 14th floor) had a terriffic view of the Sierra Nevada mountains. You could see Mt Rose ski area in the distance. It was quiet and the beds were comfortable. We had no problems with anything in the room (hair dryer, TV, radio, phone) and minimal contact with the cleaning crew.

Room Tip: The first room they gave us was on the 4th floor by the pool. We knew it would not work for us and w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I know Reno is the Biggest Little City in the World but I really thought the hotels would be dated and kind of yucky but no, the room was quite nice, totally clean and we had a great time. The location is great, central and there are actually quite a few things to do like go to the roller rink nearby, see a band or 2, dance at one of the nightclubs or gamble. There is food everywhere and that was surprisingly better than I expected too except for the breakfast at Sedona Cafe. Ugh. Don't do it.

Room Tip: my friend got a better rate than I did on his iPhone hotels.com app but they have a price match poli...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My partner and I took the Snow Train recently from the Bay Area to Reno and we weren't expecting much for the hotel, but what a nice surprise! We were on the 17th floor with a magnificent view, beautiful room with luxury linens and bedspreads, and it was immaculately clean. The lobby was pleasant, and the air very refreshing after walking through the smoke-filled casinos. We ate at several of the hotel's restaurants and were very pleased with the food that was served. It's also located right in the middle of all the downtown Reno action, a short walk from the train station, and if you don't want to go outside you can walk inside to both Circus Circus and the Eldorado hotels. All in all, the Silver Legacy is a great place to stay, have fun, eat, see shows, and just relax if that's all you want to do! I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mr. Scottie
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had to stay here for business and was pleasantly surprised. This place is part of a Casino/Resort (spa and other amenities). The staff is very friendly, you don't have to worry about undesirables lurking on the sleeping floors because you have to show your room key every time you get on an elevator.
The rooms are very clean, comfortable and well maintained. If I had a complaint it would be the quality of the in-room coffee. The coffee packets are not designed to brew a good cup. You either have to use two packets for one cup or be satisfied with a half-cup of so-so brew.
I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here 5 nights on business. Arrived on Sunday 3/18/12 and departed on 3/23/12. Check-in was quick and the desk staff friendly. Good that there is a guard on the first floor making sure you had a room before letting you access the elevators. I rented a Superior Spa Suite ($100 per night), room 3436. I got a spa because I had to work 4 of the 5 nights in my room. I did not get a chance to use the spa tub in the room. Views from the room were excellent. The included coffee was great (though you should always get coffee). There was a small refrigerator, but I only used it for drinks. The internet (wireless) connection in this room was slow due to a weaker signal, but I did use it and it worked fine for email. I am glad that it was included in the room price. I guess that may be a trade-off for being away from the elevator. Probably not going to be streaming movies on that connection. Since I was working, the desk was absolutely required and faced looking south with great views. The TV was hanging on the wall and worked great.

The room was clean, the lady cleaning the room did a great job. No complaints. Sedona and Brew Brothers were good places to eat (I did not go to the Steak House). I did not check out the business center (sorry) nor the pool/spa. I will stay here again when I come back (close to client). Hopefully, I will have a day or two to see the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My family and I went to Reno for the weekend and we found this hotel as a place to rest after a long day snow skiing in Boreal. We got the room for a great price of $29 plus $11 resort fee, so about $40 each room. I was impressed how the room looked like, it was very clean and the beds are very comfortable, there were more than enough fluffy pillows in the room. Flat screen TV and coffee maker in the room is a plus too. The Silver Legacy hotel is attached to the CircusCircus hotel, so we had a nice time playing in the Arcade of Circuscircus, younger kids and old alike.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 22 March 2012

He stepped in to play a little video poker during our stay in Reno. The silver legacy is a large casino with all the games to expect. The one thing that really stood out was the luxurious white leather chairs for players. Really nice. Didn't win a thing but had a good time.

Room Tip: Didn't stay here, just gambled a little.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple