“boomtown reno”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Walnut Creek, California
“boomtown reno”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

when i went to check in, the lady at frontdesk says EXPEDIA did not forward confirmation to them, and therefore I would have to pay more for the deluxe queen suite; i wasted 20min waiting for the manager to show up. she was curt and abrupt, but i finally got the lower expedia rate. the suite was good size 745 sq feet, but the high pressure flush of the toilet too loud; also the inwall ac-heat units very noisy. the one in bedroom did not turn on and off at the desired setting; the all u can eat lobster buffet is now $38 per person, up from $25 less than 3 years ago. we stay here bec of reasonable rates v truckee ca lodging, but wished boomtown had a shuttle bus to local ski areas.

Room Tip: ask for room w hi def tv; the suites on second and third floor have ancient tvs. also avoid suite 22...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Skier389

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Prunedale, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

the old man parking cars ran some ones battery dead by leaving its lights on and i guess he was a bell hop to, he shove everything in our trunk before we could look, and i had to take my computer from him and place it safely in the car, then after leaving we found he lost my daughters backpack which my ex does not have the money to replace it or it contents, and the lost are my old military green jacket and my sons brand new columbia xl children's jacket. they found mine and because i did not write my name on it the security refuses to mail it to me because i don't have my name on it! the worst experience i have ever had, and i been all over the country due to my 19 year military career in which end 1 year early due to my 80% worth of disabilities earned while serving my country! the crazy rushed bell hope should be fired and the security was very rude and they did not seem very smart at all so due to my frustration with there conversation with me i told the it was bs they would not send/mail me my military jacket which hold sentimental value to me be cause my name was not on it! i tore my name and service of it when it was no longer part of our uniform so i would be allowed to wear it in public, fishing or in very cold weather. i guess my mistake was not writing my name on it! so far i don't recommend staying here at all, and the lobster buffet, is out of control, lines across the whole casino so bad my care was tripped up by many rude people who did not respect disabled folks and that was just to get to my room to rest and ly down to reduce pain so i could go back and gamble! WHAT REALLY SUCKS IS WE HAD A BAD TIME THERE AND NOW I GET TO RELIVE MY WEEKEND FROM HELL ON THE PHONE AND STAY UPSET, I READY TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL FOR CHEST PAINS, THEY SHOULD BE DOING EVERYTHING TO RECOVER MINE AND MY CHILDRENS STUFF TO MINIMIZE THE TRAUMA MY DAUGHTER IS GOING THREW BECAUSE SHE LOST ALL HER CLOTHES AND A HAIR STRAIGHTENER $120 PLUS ITEM MAKE UP $50 AND MOR AND I HAVE NO ESTIMATE ON CLOTHING! OVER ALL ONE CRANKED OUT OLD MAN MESSED MANY PEOPLES DAYS AND IF I WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN HE PACKED ARE STUFF INSTEAD OF GAMBLING I WOULD HAVE DONE IT MY SELF AFTER WHAT I SAW HIM DO TO OTHERS! MY GIRL FRIEND DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS SOME THING WRONG WITH HIM, HE WAS IN HIS 60'S OR APPEARED TO BE SO, DRUG DO CHANGE YOUR LOOKS! do NOT STAY THERE AND IF YOU DO STAY AWAY FROM THE LOBSTER BUFFET PEOPLE DANGEROUS!!! AND BRING YOU OWN BAGS OR ESCORT THEM TO YOU CAR! THAT AND WATCH YOU CHILDREN, BECAUSE THE SECURITY PEOPLE ARE DUMB! I MIGHT HAVE TO DRIVE 6 HOURS BOTH WAYS THERE AND BACK JUST TO GET MY WAR JACKET, THERE IS NO WAY I LETTING THOSE PEOPLE HAVE IT! STAY AT CIRCUS CIRCUS THEY WRAP YOUR BELL HOP CART WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND THEY ARE CONNECTED TO THE SILVER LEGACY AND ELDORADO

Room Tip: ANY WHERE IN DOWN TOWN WITH CASINOS, Sierra Grand Resort 5 stars but expensive, Silver Legacy reason...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mmanfull
Marin County Ca
Reviewed 20 February 2012

First time staying at the hotel on trip back from Idaho. The North Tower rooms have been remodled and offer a great alternative to staying in Reno itself. The lobster buffet is a nightmare, but it was a holiday weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grandj
Susanville, California
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The rooms where not good for the price. I would have rather drove back to Reno after playing in the kid center then stay there again. I could of got a much better room there for a much better price.
The room was nonsmoking but there where ashtrays in the room. When waking through the hallways to the rooms it smelled like smoke very bad. The bathroom was very small and cramped. The light/fan was not working so it was dark when you used the shower. The heater was not working it was either too hot or too cold you could not make it in the middle. The low and medium fan was not working for the heater you had to have it on high the hole time.
The staff was not friendly. I was just very disappointed with the stay and will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Drive the extra 10 min or so and stay in Reno.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Boomtown Casino and Hotel.

I went to this hotel on a business trip; I just needed a place to stay for the night; and it did fine. The price was very inexpensive. The room was quite dated and showed some wear, but for the price it was well worth it. The hotel is in a casino but I was able to get a parking space right next to the door that was right next to the hotel tower elevator to go to my room without going through the casino. The casino was not well attended but then of course it was a Wednesday night. I had a very nice steak dinner in the steakhouse inside the casino at a price that was reasonable for the quality of the food and service. The Lobster Bisque was very well done!

• Stayed January 2012
N/A
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I checked in at 9:15 PM last Friday night. The staff were nice and accommodating. The hotel desk clerk told me all they had were rooms at the end of the hall. I said no problem. When I got to the room, I noticed it was a nice newly remodeled room. The only problem I had with the room was the light's next to the bed. They are tall fixtures, and you can not reach them from a laying down position. Not a big deal, but it's the only real downfall for me. <laziness> It's nice to be able to read in bed, and shut the light off w/o having to sit up. </laziness> The bathroom was also very nice, and comfortable. Not high end, but new, and good enough for most. I slept great in the bed. The only real problem I had was all their restaurants closed at 9 PM I found out, and there is no room service there as well. I guess I've gotten used to most of the major casinos in Reno having 24/hr room service. So with those 2 problems, the thought of a nice steak dinner was out. Denny's is there and open 24/7. Not being a fan of Denny's I went to see about going to my vehicle only to find all the doors leading outside are fire doors, and I basically had to go all the way back to checkout to leave the building. By that time, It's another long walk outside to get to my truck, which was parked far from that entrance. I decided to go to the Denny's. Turns out the Denny's was clear on the far side of the building as well. Long story short, My room was on one edge, and the only open food place was clear on the other edge. I had food, and was disappointed with the quality, so that's not going to happen again. But the hotel and room where fine.

Room Tip: If your at the end of the hall, there is no quick way to get to your vehicle. There are doors all o...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Tazameir
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Check in was quick and easy. We stayed in a king bed room. The room was clean but outdated. The TV was an older model not a flat screen. Bathroom was small.
We booked through a travel website. As I was looking at the hotel amenities the night before our trip, I noticed that you could get the same rate as the travel websites and get vouchers/coupons for the buffet, extra play cash, discounts at coffee shop, etc.

Room Tip: From what I hear the North Tower is newer.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family