Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
US$49
US$35
Official Website
US$50
Western Village Inn & Casino(Sparks)(Great Value!)
US$50
All reviewspower stripin house restaurantfront desk staffwestern villagereward pointslower floorbed was comfortableexcellent staydowntown renofreewayshuttlenuggetnevada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We desperately needed a hotel as we headed through the Reno-Sparks area, and were happy to find this one, and find a room. They did have adequate parking and turnaround space for the 30 foot trailer we were pulling. Easy access off the interstate. The desk clerk was helpful, and got us extra pillows on request. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Good climate control. The restaurant attached was just very average, but the wait staff were personable. Shower was average at best, and toilet was a little scary, as it filled to the top of the bowl each time, but flushed okay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This Holiday Inn hotel is a terrific credit to the Holiday Inn brand. The staff, the rooms, facilities...everything was superb. Even the pool and hot tub was fabulous. It seemed the facilities are really new, and are spotless. Tons of convenient parking, super easy access from I-80, close to restaurants, stores, etc. This is not a casino hotel. It is quiet, relaxed, pleasant, and really clean. We came back for a 2nd stay the following week, it was that nice. A winer for every type of traveller.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. A north-facing room is cooler in the summer sun. No good views anywhere.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here before and after Burning Man as a way to break up the drive to BRC. The thing that I really loved about this hotel is that the check in was so quick and easy, you can get your keys right away and get to sleeping in the room, without too much hassle. The way that they could improve this hotel (imho) is to offer room service in the very early morning hours, so that you can have something to eat when you get back from BRC (although what also needs to be improved (imho) is the food at the restaurant, but service was really great)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We just stayed here this past weekend. We like to travel with our dog when we can. We went to see Dana Carvey at the Nugget and had initially booked the Courtyard Hotel (belongs to the Nugget). Needless to say, we ended up staying here. Thank goodness we could find a dog friendly place that did not have a weight restriction and had a reasonable pet fee of $20. All the dogs stay on the pet floor (5th floor). We stayed in Room #502 (corner room and very peaceful). It was clean and recently remodeled. They even gave our dog treats and had a place for them to go potty with bag available..
Chuck and the other front desk staff were very nice and helpful! This is a great place to go if you need a place for one night or are planing to stay a few nights in Reno. We saw all kinds of people here: families, couples, single people, dogs, etc. It is also close to a nice walking area called the Sparks Marina and the Legends Outlet shopping center.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms if you want more room. If your are a non-dog person, do not stay on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doglover2011_11
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I recently stayed here on a solo drive to CA from the midwest. I didn't have a reservation, and it was the 4th of July weekend--NOTHING was available in the Reno/Sparks area as far as a mid-range, lower-priced hotel without a casino. I tried many options (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Staybridge Suites, Fairfield Marriott, etc.) with no luck and was finally directed here. I called and they had availability. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and quoted me a price for a King bed room over the phone. By the time I arrived, the price had gone up (supply and demand, I imagine) but he remembered me and gave me the lower price--which was already a bit steep for what you get here.

The hotel itself was a nice surprise once you got inside. It's nestled right off the freeway between a bunch of large oil tanks and what appeared to be a truck storage area. It felt a little dicey to me, but it was close to several nicer areas, so I went for it. Once inside, the place is nice enough, with a nice garden courtyard and a modern lobby. My room was lovely--on the top (9th) floor in a corner--and very spacious. Other than the sluggish internet service, I found my room very comfortable, and I slept like a rock. Bedding was nice, the bathroom was clean, and there was a large flat-screen tv. Plenty of lighting for reading or working. I didn't want to have a sit-down breakfast, so I googled Starbucks and was surprised to find one just a couple of blocks away in an industrial area. Never would've looked there on my own--but it was convenient!

All in all, a good place to stay in a pinch--convenient to I-80 and a large outlet mall one exit away, with lots of good shops and restaurants. Ignore the ugly location and give the hotel a try!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo