“Breakfast and Lunch at Rosie's”
Review of Rosie's Cafe

Rosie's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 286 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Inside John Asquagua's Nugget Casino.
Reviewed March 4, 2018

While staying at the Nugget Hotel recently, I dined at Rosie's twice for breakfast and once for lunch. The seafood omelet I had once was OK, but nothing spectacular. The Royal Flush breakfast (two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast) was quite good. For lunch, I had the Club sandwich, which was very good. I ordered the cheesy tater tots expecting the cheese to been in the tots. Alas they were just regular tater tots with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on them.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I always loved to come here. they used to have lots of options on their menu. There were always little changes in staff, now it seems like there is a new staff every time I'm here (yearly).

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Ordered fried chicken later in the evening. There was no doubt that it had been left over from the buffet (totally separate from this restaurant in the casino) when it came to the table. I tried a drumstick, and it was so dry it was crunchy. I sent it back with the waitress, who returned and said the kitchen told her they would not make any more. I substituted something I didn't think would have been on the buffet, a turkey/bacon club, and it was delicious. The waitress rocked....the kitchen sucked.

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

We have been here about 4 times before and I had thought that I for sure had reviewed this place but I guess not. It's one of those old greasy spoon diners. Service each time has been fine but nothing to write home about. Last night we had the midnight special ( last until 5 am) steak and eggs special for $9. It was delicious and at a excellent price. The meat was seasoned perfectly and had no fat. They also have a nice array for sweet things to order. Had the chocolate cake before..

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant located in the Nugget Hotel is ok, it is always busy, the food is good not great. The waitresses never ask you if you need anything else though and so we won’t go back, we had a dessert and it was very dry, the French toast was hard and just not as good as I hoped.

Been to Rosie's Cafe? Share your experiences!