“Just stopped in to sleep overnight”

Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Reviewed 22 August 2016

On the first floor of most hotels you can hear footsteps above you. This was at times pretty loud. The worst part was at 12:00 AM when the phone rang. I answered and asked who it was, "Bubbles." said the person on the phone. Wrong number. Well at least it wasn't some hooker banging on our door.
Other than that, we slept fine.

Room Tip: We chose Non-smoking, as we always do, so we were right near the outdoor pool. Relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

I drove from California for a 2 night stay for my great nephews graduation from high school. Arrived at 2:30 at motel and told I couldn't check in until 3 : 00. When I got to my non smoking room it had an ashtray and stunk of smoke. The door was jammed and the key never worked. At 5:00 AM a junkie and his girlfriend were pounding on my door saying " Open the door Joe". Returning that evening there were police, a fire truck and paramedics trying to assist a woman passed out on the stairs I had to climb to my room. The next morning there was a fight between a woman and man in the parking lot below my room. Since my key never seemed to work I asked a housekeeper on my floor to let me in. She reeked of alcohol and couldn't get my door open herself. Not only did key not work but door was jammed. Oh and did I mention there was no remote for the TV? When I called the office they had a broken one with no batteries! THIS IS A FILTHY, DRUG DEALING DUMP!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Annieismyname1
Reviewed 3 April 2016

This is a large Motel 6 with clean rooms and a great laundry room. There is a pool and the property has a lot of green space. Our room was quite spartan, with no extras (tv guide, kleenex). The linens were older: scratchy towels, thin sheets and a blanket with holes in it. The front desk staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2015

We stayed here at the last minute on a Saturday night. We chose it based on the location (just a few minutes from where we were gambling) and the value. Our room was clean and had a small fridge and microwave (which cost an extra $3). Our room was upstairs above the office and faced traffic. If you are a light sleeper, the noise might bother you. It did not bother me at all. The only sounds I heard from the other rooms were showers and a dog barking in the morning. The shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The towels were typical of these types of motels - small, thin and scratchy. Bed and pillows were fairly comfortable. No kleenex is provided. We all know Motel 6 is a very basic chain. A clean room and a good night's sleep is all we wanted and that's what we got. The lady at the front desk was friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hoopmom
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Where to begin? The non-smoking rooms all have ash trays and smell of smoke. Someone knocked on my door at 11pm asking if i wanted to buy drugs. Open partying in back parking lot all night. Several large signs saying motel not responsible for thefts or damage to vehicles, but ZERO security cameras on the property. Dogs allowed to swim in the pool. Need I go on? Keep driving. Skip this dump.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank zippityd0dah
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We do accommodate our smoking guests with assigned smoking rooms and are sorry you experienced dissatisfaction with the concerns you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

This is a better than average Motel 6. If you are traveling with a dog this is a great option. Pets are free and they have nice grassy grounds. It's right off the freeway so you can get on your way. It was sold out on a Wednesday so get a reservation. Free coffee and a handy laundry room. There's even a little pool with chairs and tables around it.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2015

My family and I stayed at the Motel 6 on a recent trip to Sparks. The motel is not too far from the airport and we had an early morning flight. Unfortunately it is quite noisy as the motel is beside the highway. We were not able to check out flight details as they charge for WIFI ... really?!?!! The room is basic. Would not stay here again, will give ourselves a little more time to get to the airport and stay farther away from the noise so that we can get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family