“Dog show in Reno”

Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Asked for and got a ground floor room close to nice lawn area to walk dogs. Room modern and clean. Flat screen tv with good cable stations. House keeping checked the room every day. Wifi very iffy. In line with airport landing path...tho I think they stopped planes after 11pm or so...at least I didn't hear any late at night. My room was on the non sun side so probably cooler than the west side. Huge road work in front of the motel...made only one exit/entry to parking area...parking was a squeeze. My room was also on the other side from I-80...freeway noise was minimal. May have been noisier on the other side.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Road construction made it a little difficult to get in to the parking area..which was very sparse. Check in was easy..but I asked for a non-smoking room. But was given a smoking room. No trash can liners, flat pillows, hand towels for bath ..hookers in the parking lot...everything you expect in a Motel 6.
Including painfully slow wi-fi. I would never pay to stay here....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Heads up, this is a very basic motel room. The location is noisy because it's beside the hwy, and it's in a struggling neighborhood. The bathroom toilet seat was very loose. The linoleum floor turned the bottom of my white socks black! A dirty towel was left behind bathroom door. I don't require fancy but I do need CLEAN.There was a large food spill (?) on outside stairs that hadn't been cleaned up. BOTTOM LINE: Avoid this one and find a different place to lay your head!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017

This is a very well run motel. It's relatively clean and quiet. I like it because it a great location and convenient to everything. I also like the fact that it doesn't have a casino connected to it. Quiet.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

For $45 I got s completely refurbished room including a 42" flat screen, new floor etc. The management has really cracked down on noise and I had a very restful stay! Located one block from I 80 this is a great inexpensive place to stay!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 970alexanderp
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Experience started off good. Was there for work, staying an extended period of time. After a couple of days I noticed mice poop in the room and then was awaken by mice. They switched my room. Then came the confusion over payment even when I had a printed receipt. They said staff had made a mistake and then they got nasty. Received a package from Yakima, WA from an individual with a Hispanic last name and they call the police. Detective called while working because of the location and the last name the FedEx package came from. So apparently you can not be a hard working black man and receive a WATCH (which the detective confirmed) without having staff profile you! Was treated horrible and terribly offended. Felt like a bit of racial profiling going on to have the police called because I had a package delivered from a certain last name living in a certain area.
When asked for the hotels upper chain of commandant they refused to give it to me.
I will be in the area working for a while, they lost my business for good!

Room Tip: Check rooms for mice poop
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Misty G
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I checked-in late on the eve of Burning Man. The motel was sold out, to most Burners. There was plenty of parking. There is a casino close by and a Wal-Mart* is nearby.

When I first entered the room I smelled cigarette smoke. I look around the room to see if some tobacco products were left in the room. But soon after realize the room was designated as Smoking Room. I return to the front deck spoke to the night manager Trisha.

I told her I did not request a smoking room, but she mentioned reservation was for a Standard Room. I asked for a deodorizer, but the only thing she had available was sterilization spray cleaner. I try spraying the room, but it didn't hide the odor.

Since the room windows could not be opened the only resolve was to leave bathroom fan on during my entire stay.

The next day I spoke to morning manager Alexia about the room and she could not explain whether Standard Room is Smoking or Non-Smoking room.

Looking Motel 6 website for the Spark Motel, there is no menu option to select on Smoking or Non-Smoking room. It only lists rooms as being Standard. I guess outside of CA, you need to make a request for a Non-Smoking room when you make your reservations, but the website states that motel will try to accommodate your request.

Other issues with the room, is the face plate on the door was loose causing door to stick when trying to open it. WiFi signal was strong and the motel was not noisy once inside your room. People were coming and going all hours of the night.

* If you plan to visit Wal-Mart, on eve of BM. Be prepare; the parking lot looks like regional BM event and it like Black Friday inside the store.

Room Tip: Make reservation way in advance during Burning Man week.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo