“They have pot roast with carrots”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #9 of 278 Restaurants in Sparks
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Ready for a big meal after tackling the Sparks Marina or Wild Island Family Adventure Park? Do you need a big breakfast to kickstart your day? Want to wind down after work with a yummy dessert? No matter what your day or night entails, the Black Bear Diner knows exactly what you need — reliable service and tasty food! Come down and treat yourself right!
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

When you order pot roast, you get carrots, lots of carrots, in the pot roast. The meat was very tender. I also received a big pile of red skin mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. Wait, there is even more. You get a salad or soup and a cornbread muffin with real butter to spread on the cornbread. Our server was real pleasant. My only complaint was the meat came with a lot of fat. I just left the fat on the plate after I cleaned it away.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

My husband and I decided to stop and get a bite to eat before we checked into the house we rented while staying in the Reno area for my father-in-law's funeral. As it was our first time, we had no idea what to expect.

Upon arrival, one notices the decor is all about the Black Bear. There are wooden carvings on both the outside and inside. There are bear dolls hanging on swings. There is even a mini gift shop filled with stuffed bears of various sizes, cookie jars, mugs, onesies for little ones, boxers for adults, t-shirts . . . you name it, they probably have it!

We get seated and are given a newspaper. Well, we *thought* it was a newspaper. It is actually the menu! The food items are on the inside. On the outside, there is a listing of the various Black Bear Diner locations with the year they were opened. There were many options to choose from for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

The husband and I decided to go with a breakfast option on our first visit (we went three different times during our week there!). The hubby ordered the chicken fried steak. I ordered "The Grizz".

Lord Have Mercy! The portions were SUPER generous! For my Grizz, I had scrambled eggs, roasted red potatoes, two yummy pancakes and all bacon. (The original comes with bacon, sausage links and ham.) I almost fell over when I saw the amount of food! Everything was cooked to perfection! Because we had not eaten an actual meal in well over 24 hours, I ate the entire thing! Of course, I ended up not eating for the rest of the day, but it was SO worth it!

When we went back on the other two visits, it was the same . . . More than generous portions cooked exactly as we requested.

This place is amazing! The service was phenomenal. The food mouth-wateringly delicious. If anyone walks away hungry, it is their own fault!

Reviewed July 18, 2017

The people are always kind and helpful with the little one. It's a great place to eat with family or friends. Fun place to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. The prices are comparable to how great the food is. It's always a great time.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Food was great but the portions are large !!! We ordered the half sizes which works good unless you are really really hungry.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

We love most Black Bear Diners, this one met all of our expectations! We have been to one and we won't go back to it. We will go back to this one in Sparks when we are in the area.

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!