“Excellent”

Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe
Reserve with OpenTable
Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Stateline
Price range: US$23 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50
Description: We did it. We redefined classic pub fare with an ambitious menu of our own, served it up with a side of lake views from our sun-drenched deck and topped it off with the lake's most iconic mojito. Brooks' Bar & Deck has taken its place as the premier post-play watering hole in the State of Nevada. Offering great food and an amazing atmosphere to enjoy with friends, Brooks' has become one of South Lake Tahoe's best restaurants that everyone can enjoy. Brooks' was recently selected by the editors of Golf Digest as one of the "Best Golf Pubs," joining an additional 10 other pubs worldwide in famous golfing locations including Pebble Beach, California; Pinehurst, North Carolina; St. Andrews, Scotland; and Doonberg, Ireland. With the majestic snow-capped Sierras in the distance, guests can relax on Brooks' expansive deck and take in the heavenly postcard-like views of the golf course and Lake Tahoe. Located right off Edgewood Tahoe's picturesque 18th hole, this is home to one of the greatest sunsets of the world, and it happens daily! Within, Brooks' feels very much like a sports bar designed by Frank Gehry: sweeping vaulted ceilings, walls of glass windows, a handsome wooden build. Yet the beautiful architecture belies the comfortable feel and attitude. With multiple flatscreen TVs tuned to the biggest games of the day, the bar features a number of quality local brews and a variety of signature cocktails. Casual dining fare, deluxe appetizers and entrees, and sophisticated comfort food all put Brooks' at the top of its class.
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Visited on a Sunday morning. Great drinks, dessert, service, and price for the beautiful atmosphere. Ordered spiked coffees and sat outside since no seating indoors. I think they were having a few weddings that morning so possibly why so crowded. We were able to move indoors shortly after ordering our drinks. Their Irish coffee is very good. Bartender was kind of enough to make a drink for boyfriend never heard of before on request. The waitress was very kind, patient, and attentive. We shared the banana chocolate chip bread pudding which was warm and sweet topped with ice cream. Family came by towards the end of our service but treated equally with great service. Very clean indoors and amazing views of the lake. Although we were not staying at the hotel we felt very welcomed. There are TVs to watch sports, caught part of a football game even though not a big sports fan. Afterwards walked along the beach next to the lake. Valet parking so we could be dropped off and picked up right in front of the building. Will definitely consider staying there next time I'm in Tahoe.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Title says it all but, we really like coming here. Yesterday we came in for lunch. The place was only about half full and seemed fully staffed. We just waited a bit longer for everything. Seated, waitress showed 10 min later to take our drink order and so on. She was very friendly and apologized for the delays.
The food we find excellent along with the views of the lake and the golf course.
You should try it

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

We had eaten the Edgewood bistro, and were looking forward to this alternative venue.

Problems started when I ordered “Jerk salmon” with Thai sticky rice. I’ve tasted genuine sticky rice and this was nothing but plain boiled white rice. The salmon was incredibly salty and the coating did not in any way remind me of Jerk marinade. I sent it back, and ordered the salmon and chips which my wife was apparently enjoying. Not sure the waitron was best pleased with my sending it back!

Anyway, the salmon (battered and deep fried) was pretty good. Not so the fries – unbelievably salty. Now I like salty food and my experience is that Californian food is lightly seasoned, but these were disgusting. I ate the salmon and commented on the fries to our server. She certainly did not look pleased now! The bill arrived with a glass of wine knocked off. OK, fair enough, I think and I pay and tip the waitron.

We sit enjoying the evening and our wine, then my wife on the last inch of her glass gets a mouthful of sediment! Don’t they train their bar staff to pour the end of the red bottle carefully? I call the supervisor and he has the nerve to ask me what I expect him to do! As politely as I am able by this time I suggest he cancels the charge they have made to my card, takes he wine off and I will sign for the food – even though some of it was inedible! He is pretty snippy by this time, and now nobody gets a tip!

I always thought these people relied for their income on good service? Dreadful experience.

2  Thank grahamee
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Beautiful golf course on the lake with a cool clubhouse and patio. We had a rib appetizer and drinks on the patio area and viewed the lake.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

We had 16 of us had our awards party after golf on the deck at Brooks Bar. The service and attention were very good. Everyone really liked what they ordered.
Of course the view was fabulous overlooking the lake.
A must when visiting So Lake Tahoe