“Excellent location”

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were married at Harvey's 18 years ago. I visited in early March this year. Still probably the best choice of casino hotels. Certainly has the largest casino as several in the area have closed. Walking distance to Heavenly's gondola.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Canterqueen

Reviewed 25 March 2012

went for a two night stay at Harveys.
nice rooms with a great view and a comfertable bed although they could get updated (tv for example).
and just about 150 meters from the ski gondola with the equiptment rental store in the hotel.
as it is a casino hotel it is relativlly cheap, and the ski packadge trough the hotel website is a real bargain.
staff very friendly and helpfull.
went to the evening buffet at harras (hotels are connected, and i think its the same ownership), was average, seems more like quantity over quality..
hotel has free parking and valet.
very big casino with a connection to harras casino as well.

for breakfast go to red hut cafe 2 min. drive from the hotel.

overall, nice place, wont hasitate to come back as it is very good for a ski trip!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor with lake view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Prior to purchasing a Groupon, I checked all the reviews in TripAdvisor which greatly helped in making my final decision.We purchased a great buy thru Groupon for two nights at Harvey's Luxury rooms for $136, my only regret was,we didn't buy two Groupons for the same place. We liked our location and room so much that we decided to purchase another night, unfortunaltely, we had to pay a higher price, but the total cost of our stay was still under $100 a night and these rooms were sold for an average of $139 per night, on-line. I took a trip-advisors advise and made a request for the 9th floor, corner room.I believe anything above the 9th floor is considered their luxury rooms (tower rooms),but I didn't know that you can also request a lake or mountain view. Our room had a little of both which was nice (be sure to ask for corner window for views on each side) we had a view of the main street and Heavenly's Gondola's. I requested two queen beds, non-smoking room (found out later that all the rooms on the 9th floor was for non-smoking, which was great) and NO PETS, I'm allergic to cat & dog dander (besides I can't stand the smell of pet odor in a room).The room was fabulous and clean, the decor was pleasing and the bedding was comfortable and clean. Bathroom was done in marble tiles and very spacious & clean. The toilet & vanity had it's own separate room and private doors. The shower & tub was separate with another vanity. We were very satisfied with our room and will stay here again for quick getaways to Tahoe. The week of March 20th was clear but lots of snow on the ground and the mountains...skiing and snowboarding walking distance to Heavenly's Gondolas. Staff @ Harvey's are very friendly, cheerful and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a Tower Room with corner windows.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank traveling3
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed on the 19th floor with a panoramic view of the mountains & lake. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. It was a short walk to the gondola up Heavenly Mountain. Enjoyed the pizza at Three Dog PIzza.

Room Tip: !9th floor was great - renovated, claen & incredible view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue0419
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We have stayed at Harveys on a number of occasions, each time it is consistently good. We have been upgraded at no extra cost on almost every trip.
Rooms are spacious and clean and houskeeping does a good job.
There are no coffee facilities in the rooms but if you ask the concierge then they send you up a coffee maker and replenish the coffee daily.
We have never had a problem with the service in the hotel as reported by other customers. Quite the opposite in fact, it always appears that the staff will do whatever they can to help you. However I am comparing this to the terrible Britrish customer service that we get!
Hotel is located right in the middle of the gambling / skiing area.
Resaurants are good in the hotel and also in Harrahs which can be reached via the underground tunnel. There is a resaurant to suit all budgets but bear in mind that you get what you pay for; if you go to the diner type restaurant (River Cafe?) then don't expect Michelin starred dining, expect value for money and good portion sizes.

Room Tip: Lake view, as high up as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Boscorelli34
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Buffet was average.. I was not to impressed with the selection. We arrived there at 6 p.m. and did not get seated until 7,.. Price was around 30 per person..

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My family (wife and 2 kids) and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the President's Day weekend for a ski trip to Heavenly. I booked Luxury 2 Queen Non-Smoking through their website. This is our first time staying at this Hotel and Casino since we typically stay at the Embassy Suite which is across the street. Initially, I was very hesitating to make reservation at this since typical Casino hotel will have more of less cigarette/smoke smell in the room. I was WRONG !!! The room was very clean and no smell of any cigarette. The room as advertised is about 525 square feet with huge bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. We were placed on the 9th floor with the view of the lake. There is a Starbucks close to the front desk the check in was very smooth and quick. There is an arcade where my 9-year and 2-year sons love to go after returning from the slope.
The parking is free but I chose to do self park since it was easier for me to pick up and drop off stuff in the car. Internet is $10.95/day and the computers in the business center would cost you arm and leg to use. I guess they want you to be in Casino and not staying in the room surfing net. :)
One tip to offer: I should have asked during the check-in for a room further away from the elevator instead of next to it. While this is very convenience but we could hear the elevators constantly going up and down. It felt like staying in a hotel close to a busy airport where you could hear planes constantly take off and touch down.
Overall, we were very satisfy with the stay.

Room Tip: Request for a room further away from elevators and vending machine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank drcookie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
0.3 km away
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
0.5 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
0.4 km away
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!