Ridge Pointe Tahoe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Ridge Tahoe(Stateline)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Marriott's Timber Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
  • Pool
La Baer Inn(Lake Tahoe (California))
  • Pool
All reviewsstagecoach liftwasher dryerindoor parkingcasino areapool and jacuzzikingsbury gradeeasy accessunitsracquetballfireplacegameroombedroomtennisresortkeytramwaycouch
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The website says that the rooms have fireplaces and full kitchens - Not! No fireplace, and the kitchen was a microwave and small fridge. No stove. The place is old and there is nobody on-site for anything. The views are nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Travel_Bug_5Sacto
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I would seperate two issues in this review: 1) customer service and 2) the quality of the hotel. Be aware that there is no human customer service on site and no signage to indicate the check-in process. Luckily, I met a couple staying there and they directed me to the location on 2nd floor where you sign in your name and get the combination to an adjacent locker which contains your key and facility information. The phone number listed is a national switchboard for other resort properties. Check-out can only be done at a sister resort property 1/2 mile away. 2) the property itself is quite nice complete with washer & dryer. It comes complete with dishes and glassware. An additional fee of $4.95 for WiFi.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank nwnative44
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My family and I just returned from a six night stay at the Ridge Pointe. We stayed in a one bedroom/ one bath unit. The units have a very large kitchen, and very spacious living room complete with fireplace and 6 place dinning table. The bedroom is also large with a king size bed and a rather large in room multiple-jet hot tub.
Their are nice stainless steel BBQs on-site as well as a common area with a small workout room, pool table and large flat screen TV. The "Pointe" is part of "The Ridge" which boasts a large club facility complete with indoor racquetball, indoor basketball and tennis, a large workout facility, indoor/outdoor pool and spa, billiards room, arcade, ping pong and even a complementary movie theatre. We used these facilities numerous times during our stay by utilizing the facilities free shuttle. We found the shuttle to arrive within 5 minutes of our call requesting it.
The Pointe one bed units have a balcony that over looks the Heavenly Valley Ski Resort (Stagecoach lift). There is complementary shuttle service to both the Heavenly Stagecoach and Heavenly Boulder lodges. It was great to be staying directly adjacent to the lifts.
Free shuttle service is also provided into the casino area of South Lake Tahoe. We found the service to be very reliable and valuable as well. The facility provides free underground parking and honestly there really isn't a need to use your vehicle once you arrive if you plan on staying in the local South Lake Tahoe area.
We found the furnishings to be a bit dated, but still in good condition, in fact it appeared that in unit washer/dryer was a relatively new model. It was great to have the washer/dryer in the unit, we used it multiple times.
My family throughly enjoyed our stay at the Ridge Pointe, we found the room to be great, the facilities to be wonderful and the location terrific and a really great value. The only drawback we could find was the slightly outdated decor, but that was very easy to overlook.

• Stayed: January 2011
8  Thank storels
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Desk was grumpy housekeeping was good security was helpful food was good pool was crowded 15min to zefer 10 min to town nice rooms I paid 100 dollars night expedia great view of valley no view of lake.

3  Thank mkennard0107
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The Ridge Pointe Tahoe is located near the main resort, The Ridge Tahoe , but too far to walk. You must either drive there or wait for one of their shuttles. The Pointe does have a BBQ area, a small workout room, a rec. room with a TV and a hot tub. But all the "cool" stuff is at the main resort. While this is a good location in the winter, it is not for the summer when you want to be closer to Lake Tahoe.
First let me say that this was an exchange. I reserved 2 junior suites and let them know 4 weeks in advance that I would have 4 young children along and could they PLEASE give me 2 units at least on the same floor. That didn't happen. A lot of time was spent in the slow elevator getting to each other's rooms. Those of you with children will know what I mean.
About the junior suite rooms:
Don't let the picture of the jr. suites fool you. They did not look like this at The Pointe.
The Pointe was not designed well. There is no air conditioning. It gets stuffy and quite warm at night and you either use the fans or open the windows which are at hip level, opening to the hallway, not safe and not private. If we had the TV on to a volume so that we could hear it, so could the room next door. The people next door were evidently late night gamblers and wanted to sleep in past 9 am and complained about the kids talking and the TV that they could hear through the walls. The kitchenette was well stocked and efficient.
Service:
Upon arriving there was only one set of towels. I had to call for more.
The TV reception in one of the rooms was unacceptable, all snowy. I called and someone came down and said there was nothing they could do about it.
We ran out of toilet paper and asked to have some put into the room while we would be out for the day and that did not happen.
I would not stay here again, at least not at the Pointe, and certainly not in the summer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family