“location was great - staff...not so much”
Review of Ridge Pointe Tahoe

Ridge Pointe Tahoe
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We took the boys to Tahoe to go sledding (one of many sledding trips this year with our 2 and 5 year olds) and have stayed in different condo-style places each time. The rooms at the ridge were nicely decorated and the sleep number bed was much appreciated after a rough sledding excursion. I give this place a poor review because of the lack of customer service we received. We checked out of our room at 10am and drove home to the San Francisco area. After unpacking, we discovered that our 5 yr old's personal game system was left at the condo and quickly called to see if anyone had turned it into the lost and found. I thought we'd have a good chance of retrieving the game system since I called before 4pm (check-in is not until 4pm so the room would have no occupants yet) and there should have been only one cleaning person with room access after we left, which I thought management could track down. I was told someone would return my call. I called again later in the evening and was told someone else would return my call. No one EVER called me back and after 2 days, I gave up. I can't help but feel that my son was robbed. My warning to anyone who plans to stay at this place - do a complete sweep of your room before you leave because anything left behind will not be returned -much less acknowledged.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Maiski

Reviewed 24 July 2008

I agree with what Preslb said... because he is my husband and we were on the same trip :)

BUT the first room we had was more than musty. It smelled horrible. The people in the next room burnt something in their kitchen. At first we thought it was bacon, but it was so strong and never went away. They must have set something on fire!

When we told the resort, they moved us quickly and checked into the fire scare and everything was okay, but I will never forget that smell!

So I guess I am saying that the walls are thin and if your neighbor makes a smell, you may be stuck with it.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2008

I stayed at this resort in March 08 as an exchange deal with a time share. Overall it is a good place if you are planning on skiing Heavenly but there is not much else to do near the resort.

The Good:
It is just a short ride down a hill on the bus and you’re at the lifts. Just takes like 2 min.
Great views looking down into the Nevada Valley. Be sure to check out the top floor hot tubs.
The resort store is well stocked with everything you need.

The Bad.
It is a good 10-15 min drive to the Casino Area.
Not much to do after skiing. The resort bar closes early and the restaurant is only open a few days a week.
The resort is old and could use some updates. Our first room as so musty week had to switch. Also the mini frig was out in both rooms.

I love the Lake Tahoe area and will be back but must likely not to this resort.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank preslb
Reviewed 1 September 2007

The Good:
1. Solitude -- quite and secluded;
2. Great View overlooking Heavenly's Stagecoach ski run;
3. Clean;
4. Big, well equipped kitchen -- this is especially good if you're travelling with a large group;
5. Underground parking (no digging your car out of a snowbank after an all-night storm);
6. Well appointed rec room;
7. Outdoor spa;
8. Elevator;
9. Nicely decorated;
10. More square footage than newer condos;
11, Huge bathroom in main unit;
12, Lock off portion is great for guests;
13. Wash and Dryer in Unit -- my favorite!

The Bad:
1. Access to each unit is from outside, ie; motel-type entry, rather than hotel. This means if it snows overnight, you open your front door and have to wade through a ton of snow to get to the elevator
2. Furniture is getting a little thread-bare. Needs to be reupholstered.
3. Because you're off the beaten path, the roads don't get plowed as soon as the main drag. Come equipped with 4-wheel-drive. One year, even though we were chained up, we couldn't get out of the timeshare driveway onto the street because of overnight snow accumulation.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank yrmomrdssnobrd
Reviewed 23 August 2007

We stayed at the Ridge Point on a time share exchange in July of 2007. We had a 2 bedroom lockoff. Rooms were great, had everything we could possibly need. If you want to save money by eating in a few times, the kitchen was very well equiped. Everything in very good condition. Beautiful views of the valley from our balcony. Great hot tub that we made use of nearly every day. It is a 15 minute drive from town, where the casinos are, but the views are worth the effort. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank dhlMass
Reviewed 5 December 2006

After cautiously buying a timeshare sight unseen and across the country through ebay (we're from Georgia), we decided to stay with the week the previous owners had already booked, 4-11 Nov 96. We own a week in the swing season.

We loved the resort. Our two bedroom condo was huge and we loved the gas fireplace. I especially loved the outdoor hot tub on the top floor of the Plaza Bldg with views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Lake Tahoe in the distance. There is a full service spa and lots of daily activities for adults and children alike. The deli and restaurant were somewhat expensive, but you can attend a no pressure sales presentation and earn some great coupons for use at both places and the bar.

When not at the resort, we spent time at the casinos and shopping downtown. One day, we drove all around Lake Tahoe, a 72 mile trek with breathtaking views.

Unfortunately, this week is when Heavenly lifts/gondolas are closed for maintenance and by the end of the week we were hoping for snow and even possibly a bear sighting as they prepare to go into hibernation for the winter. Next time, we will book our week further into the season, with the hope of snow, although we enjoyed having the resort to ourselves this time.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank magdog
Reviewed 4 March 2006

This is NOT a low-rise motel. Ridge Tahoe has several buildings at nearly 8,000 feet near the Stagecoach lift for Heavenly ski area.

The good: We took a 2 bedroom condo and it had adequate space, indoor parking, nice decor etc. You can walk to a little gondola that takes you to the lift. The "Ridge Club" has activities like pool, sauna, spa stuff, racquet ball, gameroom etc., all free. Nice when you're traveling with teenagers.

Views are stunning, though not necessarily from your window. Stagecoach Lodge has rental gear.

Not so good: The heating system sounds like a 747 on takeoff, and it runs every half hour. They should be able to fix this, but didn't. A full-service restaurant wasn't open every night, so a jaunt down Kingsbury Grade was necessary. It's not that inconvenient, unless you happen to catch a storm.

So: I'd stay again if they could fix the heater. It's a little pricey, but the location can't be beat if you're skiing.

Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank bartr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
4.5 km away
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#9 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
4.7 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#7 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Ridge Pointe Tahoe? Share your experiences!