“Beautiful!!!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Bear's Lair

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
The S
“Beautiful!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Condo??? More like Cabin. It's the biggest condo I've ever been in. It's bigger than my house. Rented this place with a few of my friends and there was plenty of room. Got it at a great rate and splitting the cost among us meant we had more money for gambling. Let me tell you about the "condo", ITS AMAZING!!! It's so cool. My friends and I fell in love with it from the moment walked thru the front door. The condo is furnished in hand crafted wooden furniture and is very clean. Can't wait to go back!

5 Oct 2017
Thanks for the kind words
Steve Barinka
Juanita S
Pollock Pines, California
“OH MY GOD what a beautiful place!”
Reviewed October 1, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My family and I were so happy with our choice to rent here the moment we walked in. Its completely furnished in what looks like handmade wooden furniture and delivers on the atmosphere that you would hope to find when renting a condo in Tahoe. I was originally worried when renting the condo that their wouldn't be enough room for me and the family but I was wrong. This place is the size of a house inside. Its three bedrooms with an upstairs and a downstairs area. The master bedroom is bigger than our bedroom at home and is one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. My kids absolutely loved their rooms because each room had a dock for their iPhones and they were able to play their music. Not to mention there was a nintendo wii upstairs so they were preoccupied with playing games and my wife and I were able to get some alone time. Im so thankful I rented this condo and I'm already looking forward to a second trip to tahoe. Hopefully we can rent this place again because it made are vacation an absolute joy. I'd give it 10 stars if I could.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
5 Oct 2017
Thank You for your comments...
Steve Barinka
Sarah S
“Love this place”
Reviewed March 20, 2017 for a stay in July 2016

I have stayed at this cabin several times throughout the years. It is in a perfect location to the beaches, casinos, hiking and stores. Way closer to everything then any cabin I have stayed on the California side. I came during 4th of July weekend 2 years in a row because you can easily access the beaches and I have sat in the hot tub at the pool house and watched the fireworks. Can't get a better view then that. I highly recommend this place. Had great customer service every time I have stayed with no issues. I will never stay in a hotel again in Tahoe. The cabin is also spacious and easily fits 8 adults. We found ourselves staying inside enjoying the laidback environment and hanging at the pool having a bbq.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Ardeshir...
“Descent cabin, terrible management!”
Reviewed March 17, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

I liked both the cabin and the location, but wouldn't make the same choice again! Not only the neighbor was rude and irrational, yelling at us for talking in the outdoor parking lot at 10am, the owner / management was quite incompetent and greedy. We were ripped off of our deposit for ridiculous reasons. They charged us left and right on stupid excuses, such as the cushion fallen off the couch on the carpet, thus needs to be dry-washed! ... or the few dirty towels been washed with the rest of the towels have damaged ALL OF THEM thus charging us for an entire towel inventory (17 towels!!!) I'm just saying you might wanna be more considerate of what you sign with these people ...

Your age range 25-34
Ehsan L
“Very cheap owner”
Reviewed March 17, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

I stayed in many houses all around the world and it was the first time I saw that the owner charged me $70 for getting the towels dirty! While he had already charged us $250 for cleaning fee!!!
That was a very unfair and cheap attitude from the owner!

Reviewed March 15, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

GrandTour...
“Amazing stay and great owner!”
Reviewed March 1, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We'll definitely be coming back to Steve's bear's lair for another Tahoe trip. Thanks Steve! His place was very spacious and cozy for 8 adults. Close to everything, i.e. restaurants, casinos, ski resorts, shopping, and heavenly gondola.

13 Mar 2017
Thank you for your great review hope to see you again
Steve and Juanita.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing