2 people are viewing this hotel
US$129
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$110
Priceline
US$129
Hotels.comUS$110
FindHotelUS$122
TravelocityUS$110
All reviews white mountains the cottages north conway bed and breakfast new england bretton woods cabin accommodations crawford winter fireplace nh
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2020 via mobile

The Bartlett Inn is a disgrace ! Owner or property manager Jeremy was more than happy to pick up the phone when I was trying to find the location. Now that I am on the side of the road and finally got reception, I keep calling again to let him know that I found the property and the room is a mess! Broken bed, unmade beds, trash everywhere , bathroom trash full and dirty towels all over the floor! This was after 4:30-5 pm, btw! When Jeremy did pick up earlier, he said the room was ready and keys would be in room! Wrong!!!!!
Even with “WiFi “ from the Inn, no service! Had to get my husband and disabled child back in the car to find service and try and call back again! 10 calls later and sent to voicemail, I then called from other phones. Still no one got back to me until I left a message on someone else’s phone and said I was interested in staying at the property. I INSTANTLY got a call back and then had to tell Jeremy that it was in fact me. The unhappy customer. He said I could call orbitz and talk to them and that off they took care of his commission , that he would give me a full refund ! That did not sit well with me, but after 2 1/2 hours of driving to North Conway two hours of trying to deal with getting a hold of Jeremy at the Bartlett in and then trying to find another place to stay at for the night, I decided I would call Orbitz. Orbitz contacted the hotel and they keep giving them the runaround and keep saying to call back after 2 PM. This is unacceptable behavior! This is no way to run a business!! I even took pictures!
I strongly suggest that The Bartlett Inn makes this right and apologizes and I get my full refund!
I was told by a motel nearby that a lawyer but the property and since then, with the new management, things have really gone downhill! They weren’t kidding!!!!!
DO NOT STAY THERE!

AWFUL ROOMS! FILTHY, MISREPRESENTATION OF PROPERTY AND HORRENDOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Also read on yelp!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank briancC40PF
Jeremy Robin, Owner at Bartlett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2020

Dear Guest,

We are sorry for your disappointment. Please call to discuss further. Yours, Bartlett Inn

Reviewed July 27, 2020

So I talked to Jeremy yesterday I had been trying to reach the inn for two days at all different times finally left a message and Jeremy got back to me I explained that I have been very sick (I have doctors report and covid test they did )the test came back negative but I'm still sick so I explained that I would not be able to go because I would not want to get anyone else sick he then asked I was going to be up at any other time and I said no my check in was for Thurs checking out sun he then explained that there was a two week cancellation policy so I started to get a little upset and I said so you're not going to refund me and he said well just call him back next Sunday I said why so the days can go by and then you'll tell me I can't have a refund this is after telling him again that I'm not cancelling for the heck of it I'm SICK so then I said well ok I'll just go up there and get everyone sick and he said OK see you Thursday (omg right) so we get off the phone and I look at HIS page and it states right there that if you have certain symptoms to please not come up and they will refund your money no problem (ya right) so I call him back and read him what HIS site says and after a few more minutes of going round and round he says he doesn't want to fight with me so he will refund me 424 out of my 454 but he's keeping 30 for cancelling, on the invoice he sent me under why are they cancelling he writes grumpy caller I think that was a lot childish but whatever I then decided to do a little research on his properties and other properties in the area.One you are not budget friendly there are alot of other places that are substantially less to book and there reviews are great I can understand when a place gets one or two bad reviews (you can't please everyone) but when every one of your reviews are bad and they talk about the same issues over and over again in both properties you might want to take notice I don't know if you're ego is to fragile to admit you might be in the wrong business but it's called the hospitality business for a reason and with your attitude it won't be long before you go bankrupt just saying hope this helps have a great day

3  Thank tammykC849ED

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review. We did refund you and are sorry for your disappointment. Yours, Bartlett Inn

Reviewed July 7, 2020

I booked with Jeremy in advance for a two night stay in one of his cottages. Two days before I was going to arrive I confirmed my stay and he informed me check in was at 4. We arrived a little early our cottage was locked. No problem it was not 4 yet. Came back after 4 still locked and no one around to unlock it. His friendly drunken neighbor said no one was around, proceeded to make me feel uncomfortable and could not keep his space. He even asked for a ride into town. After this I was NOT comfortable staying. Remember we still could not get into our room and this guy was right next door wanting to party with us, his room was open and a dump. Called owner explained situation. His idea is to move us a few doors down, and wait for someone to come let us in. No thanks!! You wasted my time already! Would not return my money, had us on speaker phone while his friends laughed in the background. You do not know how to run a business! Stay away from here and the Wills Inn, he owns that one to.

5  Thank 393roxanneb

Dear Guest,

We are sorry for your disappointment. We did try to accommodate you. Yours, Bartlett Inn

Reviewed July 7, 2020

I couldnt agree more with Annie S.and others,advising travelers to steer clear. My Wife and I just arrived to find trash bags on the porch and the door locked. WE made the mistake of asking the person staying at the unit next door if he knew where the property manager was. Our "neighbor" turned out to be a drunk who said he was "living there with a one year lease" Not a problem in and of itself, But he was acting bizarre and actually followed us back to our car babbling about partying with us and asking us to give him and his friend "a ride to town"! At that point, we decided we didn't feel comfortable being there and called Jeremy to ask for a refund, which he quickly declined and instead, offered us a room at another motel he owned down the road. Why he ever thought we would actually go for that after the experience at the Bartlett inn, is beyond me. Long story short, there are many other options in the Conway area, do yourself a favor and find one!

4  Thank U9447ZSstephenb

Dear Guest,

We are sorry for your disappointment. Please call us to discuss further. Yours, Bartlett Inn

Reviewed February 13, 2020

The new owner of this place does not take pride in running a business. He is a scam artist who has no problem making false promises and keeping people's money. The so called "Manager"(who does not live on the premises) only works part time and does not maintain the property. The rooms were disgustingly filthy, the heat doesn't work, the front door knob was falling off and rigged with a piece of scotch tape! Stay away......far far away from this establishment.

Date of stay: February 2020
4  Thank tablefiveseatfour
Jeremy R, Owner at Bartlett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2020

(Since this review was written by a guest from the same party who wrote one almost simultaneously, the response is largely the same). We were in contact with you and the others from your group and informed you that our manager was caught in a snow storm and therefore unable to drive to the inn until that Sunday (late morning). Without questioning your concerns, we did offer to move many folks from your party to new rooms that were clean. One room was given a new blanket and bedspread that she never took. Room 5 was given another room and kept Room 5 too. Your party did enter a locked area with a sign posted that said 'employees only'. We did also find the lobby area in disarray from your guest.
Nonetheless, we wanted to be as accommodating as possible so did offer future stay and refund considerations which you chose not to accept in lieu of posting your feelings on social media--which is your prerogative. We are sorry for your disappointment and want readers to know we tried to be as responsive and fair as we could under the circumstances. Yours, Bartlett Inn