“Good value”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Derry, New Hampshire
“Good value”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We actually were returning home from a weekend in Denver but knew we had no power due to snowstorm. I tried in am to get reservations before we left but all hotels full. I called from Airport at 11pm and they had a vacancy. Staff on reception desk were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also good the next morning and apparently they also had lost power so all new fresh food had arrived that morning. The room was very nice with a corner desk if one needed to work. We really only used the room for sleeping but bed was very comfortable and would recommend this hotel. In my opinion, it is a little off the main area but does have a Target and Lowes very closeby as well as Bugaboo Steak House and then Bedford Mall is about 2 miles down the road and the large Mall about 3 miles away on the highway.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnC942

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We were traveling in New England for our first "leaf peeping" trip. Our last night we had no reservations. While driving to Manchester, NH on Route 101. We tried calling Hampton Inn's phone number found on Internet. After speaking with reservationist and giving credit card we find out it is Expedia. While waiting on hold to get reservation corrected we got disconnected. They never gave us a confirmation. When we were able to get phone service again we called Hampton directly and started making reservation for two rooms. After giving reservationist my Hilton Honors number we were disconnected.

When we arrive at the hotel 15 minutes later I asked to speak with manager. Jenny Warren said she was the manager. I explained that I had been a Hilton Honors member since 2000. Eleven years and ALWAYS stayed at Hampton Inn. I proceeded to tell her we needed 2 rooms.
She said we had 3 rooms. One was paid through Expedia and 2 rooms were booked through HI reservations. I again explained what happened and asked that 1 room be cancelled. She told me that it was past cancellation time and I had 3 rooms. I then asked for her boss whom she said had already gone home(5:55pm). I tried to reason with this UNYIELDING person to no avail. She said THIS Hampton Inn had a policy of not accepting cancellations after time.
I again told her I would gladly pay for the two rooms, just cancel one. She said NO EXCEPTIONS. Then she was going to charge me the third room and not give me the key to it. She said it would be a "no show" charge. I asked how much for that. She said full price. I then made her give me the keys to all 3 rooms. I figured she would rent that room out twice.

This all happened at Hampton Inn on #8 Hawthorne Drive, Bedford NH. BE CAREFUL when making reservations here. You could be staying in two or three rooms!

During the conversation with Jenny Warren she mentioned that this is a big problem at their hotel and they decided to take the UNYIELDING approach.

The general manager was unavailable to help us with this problem. His name is Enam Rahman.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Celebrity-11
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business and then used it for a couple of days as a base to explore Portland and Portsmouth in Maine and also to do some NH shopping. The drives were not that long. The hotel is also a short drive from a big shopping mall.

The staff was good and the rooms huge. The bed was great as always with Hapmton. Breakfast was according to other hotels in the same category. There was an indoor pool that looked nice, but I didn't use it.

Internet was fast when there wasn't much traffic. One night there was a football team in the hotel and the speed was so slow that I gave up. This is my only complain.

If I had to change anything at this hotel I'd upgrade the carpets. They're not dirty or anything, but they could be renovated.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The Hampton Inn in Manchester was a great hotel ideally located next to all the major highways with easy access to downtown and the Mall of New Hampshire. The room and bathroom were clean and large. It had a nice desk area if you needed to work in the room. The staff were super friendly as well. The breakfast area was clean and they had great waffle makers.

The only problem was the sleep quality. Not because of the mattress or the pillows which were comfy, but because the AC kept intermittently turning itself on and off. I tried to turn it off but it only had on and auto option. If you are a sound sleeper it probably won't bug you, but it took me forever to get to sleep.

2 Thank metrochica
Bothell, WA
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This was another pleasant experience with a Hampton Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the building was clean throughout.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Recently stayed at the hotel for a business trip. The hotel is very clean and quiet. Breakfast was good and they serve a light dinner. The staff was very accomodating to a change in my business travel schedule. They made a repair in my room without one hour of my reporting it to the front desk. Very convenient to the airport. The room was large and had a good size desk with plenty of outlets. I especially like having a refirgerator in my room.

West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Im looking forward to my visit again next month.

Room Tip: very nice rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
0.2 km away
2.0 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
3.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford? Share your experiences!