“Excellent and beautiful dining!”

Adair Country Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We were thrilled by the room, the table setting, the ambiance of the dining experience. The server was prompt, courteous, and efficient. The food was exquisite: lamb lollipops for me and chicken marsala for my spouse. Only complaint is I thought the lamb price was a little steep for just four small chops. The wine selections are extensive and we thoroughly enjoyed our rose and pinot noir. Dessert was an exquisite apple pie.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Recently had a dinner here with a large business group and it was outstanding. The hosts made us feel more like house guests and the service was fantastic. There were some great small bites passed around as we mingled and enjoyed a cocktail hour (the mushroom strata/pastry was amazing!). The setting is inviting and relaxing. The downstairs game room was a great little spot. The chicken picatta was really nice as was the berry cobbler dessert. I definitely recommend making a reservation here!

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I cam here on a Thursday which they call date night. This meant they had an amazing deal of $29 for three courses which is less than one entree. My wife had a fresh garden salad and I had a wonderful bacon and cheese dip with crostini. We followed with filet steak au poivre which was beautifully cooked and accompanied by fresh vegetables and maple mashed potatoes. Dessert was a chocolate mousse cake for my wife and apple crisp a la mode for myself which was wonderful. I can thoroughly recommend the wine "The Bean" which was a stunning Pinotage from South Africa. Tom and Cindy constantly checked in on us and our server, Amanda, could not have been more helpful. The restaurant is in a charming colonial type inn with beautiful grounds and literally just off route 93.
All in all this was a five star experience and although the weekends may be a little pricier for the menu the Thursday night special menu is hands down an incredible deal!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We are routinely in Bethlehem and have been meaning to stop at Adair; finally on Saturday night, we made it. Boy are we glad we did! First off, the Inn is truly lovely! The interior is gorgeous and all decorations are in keeping with the time period the home was built (1920s). The grounds are by the Olmsted Brothers and seem to be maintained quite nicely (we enjoyed a lovely stroll around after dinner).

We were worried having read some recent reviews that were not that positive. However, we have been driving by and talking about checking it out for so long that we decided to just try it anyway- SO glad we did! We started with appetizers, soups, grilled veggies and some corn and sausage fritters that we shared - all really yummy. For our main courses, I had the filet Oscar my husband had a halibut special; both dishes were cooked and seasoned perfectly. It was a lot of food, but having hiked all day, we ate every bite (every crumb ;) of all the dishes!

It's definitely a small menu, but each item was really well executed. I, personally, would MUCH rather go to a place with a few wonderful things to choose from then an enormous assortment of generic offerings.

We also enjoyed their wine selection. Others have commented on the prices being high, but given we regularly drink some of the bottles on the menu, we know they are offering great wines that are not cheap anywhere, so I think you're definitely getting what you pay for.

The waitstaff was attentive and accommodating... definitely felt like they cared about pleasing us.

My husband wanted to go back the very next night!!! While we didn't do that, we will certainly be back sometime soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We arrived by 7pm for our 7pm reservation. We were greeted by a curt woman who said we would have to wait five minutes. We could sit in the bar if we wanted. There was no bartender in the small but cozy bar. Twenty minutes later, we were still waiting. We were never spoken to again. We left.