Omni Mount Washington Resort
US$119
Carlson's Lodge(Twin Mountain)(Great Value!)
US$117
Inn At Bowman(Randolph)
US$249
Attitash Motel(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
Agoda.com
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa(Whitefield)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$111
Hotels.com
Arlington Hotel(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$109
Official Hotel
Bartlett Inn(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$129
Evergreen Motel(Jefferson)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,980 results
All reviewsthe main dining roombeautiful hotelmount washington resortgolf coursepresidential rangeresort feestep back in timeoutdoor poolzip lininghotel toursleigh ridehorseback ridingbretton armsski resortcog railwaycanopy tourget away
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I took a quick trip to the Omni Mount Washington Resort on Easter weekend. I was so impressed with the hotel I can't wait to return. It is lovely old hotel with modern ammenties and outstanding service. Upon check in I wanted to freshen up before going to lunch. I accidently shut the door to the bathroom on my thumb. While not broken it was very painful. My husband went to get ice and when he returned he imformed me someone from the hotel would be stopping by to check on me. Well within minutes someone arrived, took an accident report and promised to drop off some ice packs. The ice packs arrived promptly and every staff member I saw that afternoon asked how I was doing.
We had dinner in the Main dinning room. We booked a package with breakfast and dinner. The package allows for you to order anythng from the menu! The main dinning room is lovely and men are required to wear jackets. A policy few hotels enforce. But while dinning I saw a young man arrive without a jacket and he was quickly given one to wear.
We had breakfast the next morning in the main dinning room. There was an Easter brunch later in the day but since we faced a 4 1/2 hour drive we thought it best to skip the brunch. Breakfast was a buffet. It was outstanding.
I highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Take a tour of the hotel. There two a day one at 10 and another at 3:00. It is so imformative.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lanahn
OmniManager_1, Manager at Omni Mount Washington Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

We are pleased to hear that we met your expectations for the Omni Mount Washington Hotel and The Dining Room during your recent stay. We hope that your thumb has healed quickly and is no longer causing you any pain. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni Mount Washington Hotel again.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I visited the resort to celebrate our beloved grandmother's 90th birthday. We were fortunate to experience great spring weather, which made it easy to sit outside, take in the breathtaking views and enjoy the fresh mountain air. She had a room on the third floor with spectacular views of Mt Washington and was pleased with everything.

Check-in was quick and efficient upon arrival and we made it into our room with no problems. We stayed in 230, which was spacious and featured a handicap accessible shower, high ceilings, and a large closet. The room is situated looking onto the entrance of the hotel and very close to the elevators and stairs. Renovations were tastefully done, bringing everything up to date but maintaining the original elegance of the property. I don't think the traveler photos do the space justice.

It was really nice to explore the hotel. It is very welcoming and comfortable seating is everywhere, encouraging guests to take advantage of living-room atmosphere. Every staff member we encountered during our stay was friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed afternoon tea in the princess room. The sandwiches and pastries for a service of two were delightful and plentiful. It was a great experience to treat someone special.

The weekend was pricey, but I would be happy to return as a wedding guest or stay during the winter months to enjoy the ski season.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Mom and I booked the deluxe two queen bedroom for two nights midweek in April. It was the shoulder season (between ski season and summer) so there were not many activities or guests when we stayed which we were very happy with. We had driven by the hotel many times before but had never been in and since we love historic inns, we had to give it a try. From the moment we arrived, we felt relaxed and at ease. We were met at the front door by friendly staff who welcomed us and helped us with our luggage. Since I had registered online, we had only to pick up our keys and room information waiting for us at the front desk (so nice not to have to wait in line!). We entered the elevator with the elevator attendant and went to our room on the first floor with the bellboy following close behind. We had a lovely, spacious room on the first floor with incredible views of Mt. Washington and the Presidential Range. As we prepared for dinner in the main dining room (we had made reservations before we left home), we observed a mom and her two boys ice skating on the roof - very cool!
We loved our relaxing two hour long meal in the main dining room. First of all, it was nice that we had to dress for dinner and we had fun taking each other's photos before heading to the dining room. Secondly, all of the staff was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Thirdly, the piano music that was played throughout our dinner by the very talented musician was thoroughly delightful and finally the view was heavenly! And the food was incredible. I enjoyed crab bisque with a salt codfish cake garnish and mom enjoyed duck confit with sweet potato puree and sugared walnuts - a heavenly combo! Next, mom had a succulent and tender filet and I had a wonderful poached lobster with a very tasty risotto. We thought it couldn't get better but it did. The lemon mousse with meringue and shortbread cookie for dessert were to die for! And to top it off, they brought us homemade peanut butter fudge! What a night!
The next day we took a scenic drive all the way up to Colebrook and over to Dixville Notch (where it snowed) and back down along the Androscoggin River - gorgeous! When we got back to the hotel mid-afternoon, we enjoyed a lovely carriage ride. It was pouring rain but we were well covered in the carriage and had nice fur blankets for our laps. We definitely appreciated the driver and his horse, Glen, for enduring the driving rain and taking us! We spotted a red fox on our drive which was a nice treat. We then went into Stickneys for lunch and drinks. The Jameson and hot cider drink certainly hit the spot and mom said her BLT was the best ever while I enjoyed a delicious caesar salad and cabot cheddar/ale dip and chips - yum!
We then wandered out to the verandah and the sun appeared in full! It was the first time we could see the observatory on top of Mt. Washington - the view was beyond incredible! We snapped a ton of photos and then headed out to take advantage of the nice weather by going for a hike on the property. We headed out back, over the bridge and onto the bridle path. The smell of evergreens permeated the air and the Amonoosuc River (spelling?) made wonderful noises beside us. We walked in between the River and the Mountains and could not have enjoyed it more!
When we came in we changed for dinner and headed to the Princess Lounge. We decided we were still full from lunch and decided to just enjoy a drink by the fire instead.
We thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend it to anybody who loves an incredible view in a place full of history with a welcoming and friendly staff!

Room Tip: We recommend the deluxe rooms - we were certainly glad we did - very spacious, comfortable and clean!
Reviewed April 15, 2012

What a beautiful place; nice atmosphere for having cocktails by the fire.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Mount Washington, each year since 2009. It is a beautiful hotel in a majestic setting. It is a National Monument, a tribute to the age of Edwardian elegance and a trip back in time. The place exudes romance and history, and is well worth a visit.

There were some disappointments this time. The outdoor pool was closed for repairs. Fabyans restaurant was closed for renovations. The Bretton Arms dining room was closed for renovations. The toy shop was closed for renovations. Unfortunately we were never advised of all this when making our reservations.

Until this year, the main dining room had 3 different evening menus. If you stayed 3 nights, you would enjoy a different menu each night. This was a wonderful feature. Now, unfortunately, there is only one menu. Omni now manages the hotel. Omni should reinstate the 3 menu policy.

The breakfast buffet in the main dining room was good, but there was less choice than in previous years.

There is now a policy of applying a 20% tip for any table with 6 or more people. There were 6 of us but this included two little girls, ages 2 and 6. The level of service was no different than if there were two or four people at the table. We think this policy is just a money grab on Omni's part.

All of which is to say that Omni is on a profit sharing arrangement and is cutting costs and raising revenues for its own benefit. A friend who has been visiting the MW since the 1970s told us that the room rates at Christmas and New Year's have become "outrageous" and resulting in only 50% occupancy at those times. Better to lower the rates and increase the volumes to achieve economies of scale. A basic lesson in economics.

I will say that our room rate was very reasonable, not being at peak season.

Be careful with valet parking. I had to return to the car shortly after it had been valet parked and discovered the car was not locked. We had been shopping that day and there was $800 worth of merchandise in it.

The hotel opened in 1902 and originally had 365 rooms, many of which were very small to house maids and nannies travelling with their employers. The hotel now has about 200 rooms, and most of the small ones have been combined to make larger rooms. However, a few small ones still exist. Be sure to ask for a larger room. Also, ask for a room facing the Mount Washington mountain, a better view than over the parking lot at the front of the hotel.

The bathrooms are mostly the original size and are rather cramped. Just so you know. This is not a show stopper.

The beds and pillows are exceptionally comfortable.

During our recent visit, the room was very warm even with the windows open. We were told the A/C does not work until it is more than 55 F. outside. Go figure.

I have reported my concerns to the hotel. The managers were clearly concerned in what I had to say. I believe they are genuinely interested in providing good customer service and are very keen to have repeat customers.

There is so much that is good about the MW that I hope my comments here will not discourage you from visiting.

One other thing. New Hampshire is a great place to shop. No sales tax, great prices, and lots of sales in Settlers' Green in nearby North Conway. Go and take advantage of the strong Canadian dollar.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room facing the Mount Washington mountain.
5  Thank VACATIONER097

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Omni Mount Washington Hotel. We are pleased to hear that we met most of your expectations on this visit, but we apologize for any inconvenience that our maintenance operations may have caused. We constantly strive to improve our guest experience, so your feedback is welcomed and appreciated, and it will be used during our regular operations meetings. Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.