“There is a New Chef in Town!”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Campton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Not only have the new owners of Sunset Grill freshened the interior of the Grill, but have changed the menu to include a large selection of barbecued ribs – that are not on the posted menu yet. They have a smoker outside and ribs and all the trimmings are their specialty.
The old Sunset Grill was definitely a meat and potatoes kind of place, with some good fish selections and a raw bar for those who were not up to a hamburg and fries. They were not interested in vegetables.
However, things have changed. Last week my husband had a beef barley soup which was truly like homemade. This week I had lightly sautéed haddock picatta. The fish was very fresh and very tasty. For me, the hit of the meal was the veggie side. Kernels of corn cut from the roasted cob mixed with tender spring asparagus. My husband had a delicious grilled kielbasa with these veggies and sautéed onions.
We have not tried the ribs yet, but that is next on our list to order.
They do not have a formal gluten-free menu or accommodate a dairy free diet. That would be a good suggestion to the new owners.
It is a comfortable place, many of the ‘locals’ go there regularly. A new larger patio is being built for summer eating. The atmosphere is casual and friendly. Great for families and larger groups as well as quiet booths for two. For lunch we sit in the bar area.
Service is good when they are not too busy. Try not to get a waitress named Gail.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This is a cute little place, under new management. We stopped in for lunch on a Sunday around 2:00.

We sat in the bar area, lots of local people here, which I always consider a good sign. Looking at other pictures, it looks like the interior had been updated and they have a nice little vibe going.

I ordered a cheese steak sandwich and my wife had a lunch special, the prime rib sandwich. The cheese steak came on a toasted bun and lots of cheese, yummy! The prime rib was open faced a big piece of meat (not shaved) which was a surprise but also delicious.

Overall, a great place for lunch!

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Friendly waitstaff. Had the fish and chips. Fish was very fresh. Service was very friendly and prompt. Nice little bar area. Went again for brunch and it was excellent. Omelette was perfectly cooked and the Gruyere cheese was a nice touch. The vegetables were also very fresh, well seasoned and not overcooked. Sat at the bar for brunch. The coffee was good and refilled fast. Bloody Mary's looked really good. My dining companion enjoyed hers. All in all, one of the most enjoyable places I have been to in the area. Heard the new owners were going to add BBQ to the menu. I can't wait to go back and try it out!

1  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I scheduled my group of twenty four hungry hikers for a 6:30 dinner on Saturday night. We were warmly welcomed and seated. Service was excellent. I had the crab stuffed Haddock with lobster sauce, which was one of my best restaurant meals...ever. Everyone else was very satisfied with their selections. Plan to return!

1  Thank KathyNH
Reviewed 27 February 2017

My wife and I were staying in the area for the weekend and the kids were at a movie so my wife and I went to the Sunset Grill. We were able to get a seat immediately. We may have made a mistake by choosing to sit at a table in the bar area as there was a band and it was loud, even at 6:45 PM. I thought I was good with it but when they were playing, we basically couldn't talk to one another. The bar area was pretty full and the music was good so we both started off with Dark & Stormy's from the bar. The service was fine, nothing to write home about given that it was a Saturday night. Next my wife and I shared a cup of french onion soup that was piping hot and very tasty. For the main course, we split the "complete sampler for 2" aka the grand slam BBQ special. It came covered in BBQ sauce which was good but very heavy on sauce. May want to request the sauce on the side if you are like me. I asked the waitress for hot sauce and got a vial of tobacco with 1/8 remaining .... Got the hint there. I love hot sauce on my BBQ so you may want to pack your own. The cole slaw was really good. They had a prime rib special on the menu that I will likely try the next time I am in the area. All in all, good for music, drinks and a solid meal.