“Seafood Shack with a View”

The Little Red Schoolhouse
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Campton
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Good for: View
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Given it's not on the coast, the seafood here was surprisingly good. We had some lobster rolls, an order of whole belly fried clams, fries and the kids went for it and had a pretty tasty milkshake while we tried the fresh squeezed lemonade (excellent) and then followed that up with a beer. Great screened-in seating area that is built out over a wooded ravine. While it was a hot summer day outside, the dining area actually stayed quite cool. We went for a late lunch, so there were very few customers when we showed up, but they do have additional seating at picnic tables outside near the parking lot. This is not a place with wait staff. It's very casual - you order at the counter and they'll call you when your order is ready. This is easily one of those places you might zip right by in the car if you aren't actively seeking it out, but glad we found this. I would definitely return.

There are newer reviews for The Little Red Schoolhouse

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ate here a few times during a recent stay in the area. The food is really good, and the ambiance is very relaxing.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I've been going back here for the last 2 years and have never been disappointed. We love the fish fry which comes with coleslaw and fresh cut fries for $10

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Soooo I really hate mayo and had never tried a lobster roll because that's botchalistic ingredient is usually involved. I took one bite of my lady's lobster roll and was in love. If there was any mayo involved they hid it well. Went right to the counter and ordered one for myself(I already had a fried scallop platter that was amazing). I needed my own roll. I've been back since and always had a fantastic meal. I even had a guy back into my truck while I was there once and it was still awesome. Someone should research the endorphins released when you eat a lobster roll. Go to the little red school house. You won't regret it. The decor is cool too inside and out.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We have had their lobster rolls several times---lots of lobster, little else. Just perfect

Also just had their fried clams---terrific, not greasy and very light. Best we have had, and we live on the east coast so have had fried clams many places.