“First visit”

Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Wilyabrup
Price range: US$1 - US$34
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the beautiful natural surrounds of Brookland Valley Vineyard and overlooking the waters of Wilyabrup Brook, Flutes Restaurant has earnt a reputation as one of the region's finest dining experiences. Executive Chef Francois Morvan brings an exotic mix of his French training plus a reverence for local seasonal produce to create a continually-evolving menu beautifully matched to our Brookland Valley wines. Flutes Restaurant is open 7 days a week from 11am for Morning Tea, 12 Midday for Lunch. Kitchen closes at 3.30pm. Will open for dinner for 10 or more people, bookings essential. (Exclusive hire fee applies)
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

It was our first visit and wont be our last. The location, views, food, service and wines are very good. We had the shared plates for lunch.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I remember the old days at Flutes, then the path was lost and we have avoided for many years. Hesitantly, I was dragged back again.....thankfully. Still a really nice setting, well presented cafe, with efficient , friendly and fun service. There wasn't many in the place on this day, but all seemed to be having the same experience, and oddly, the same choice of dishes too! Much to my amazement, I had the best steak I have had for ages....really was't expecting that! Good quality and cooked spot on. Thanks. The other big hit was the goat, a different take on an often ruined meat. They nailed it....could've kept eating.
Forget the past, get back and try it again....obviously something has changed, but it is a wonderful thing.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing! The entree dipping plate - the bread was so nice and fluffy. The gnocchi and chocolate fondant dessert was also delicious. Nice location and great view overlooking a small lake.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

It is a beautiful place and serve with beautiful wines but definitely not "GOOD " food, i wouldn't said is overprice, but it could be better choice with this price at other places

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Fathers' Day... a delightful Spring afternoon... and wine-tasting at Brookland Valley was followed by a feast at Flutes. My Charcuterie was simply overwhelming!~ In the past, I've been critical of the quantity (never the quality... read previous reviews!) but on this occasion I was completely sated. My rioja was perfect with this meal... .

Equally delighted with her Vegetarian Gnocchi, my wife even shared a morsel or two... and I was impressed.

Hard to find fault with such a feast. To be picky, my cappuccino was a little ordinary... and the menu needs review to amend location... it's not 'Margret' River. Non-acceptance of our Entertainment Book voucher (it _was_ Fathers' Day) couldn't dent our rating: 5/5. That's the first five we've ever awarded Flutes... and it was well-deserved... .