“Interesting stop”

Robert Frost Farm State Historic Site
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Derry
More attraction details
Owner description: Farm where Frost lived, raised his children and wrote.
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Farm house that Robert Frost lived in in Derry. Very knowledgeable staff. The barn is open for a video presentation. There is a fee for a 45 minute tour of the house. If you like poetry or Robert Frost, it's worth the stop

1  Thank B W
in 5 reviews
"picnic"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Amazing how well the state has preserved the home of New Hampshire's best known poet. Trails and farm are just amazing in Fall foliage season.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Having, for many years, wanted to visit the farm which inspired much of Robert Frost's wonderful poetry, I was thrilled to find that I was staying, with my friend in New Hampshire, not too far away from it.
We visited on a beautiful sunny day when the lilac was in bloom and the apple blossom emphasised the subject of some of the poems.
The farmhouse is evocative and a short but apt video describes some of Frost's life and his poetry. Sadly the furniture in the farmhouse is not authentic but is appropriate for the dates Frost and his family lived there. There is no 'tea room' such as we would have found at a historic property in the UK. However 'mementoes' were on sale so we came away with cards, pencils and Tee shirts.
I'm so pleased I made this visit. It's a pity New Hampshire doesn't publicise visits to the home of its famous poet more.

2  Thank Nottoooldtotravel_10
Reviewed May 10, 2017

My husband and I stopped in to the Robert Frost Farm and were not disappointed in our experience! The main museum room was very well done and informative, and it's definitely worth taking the house tour for a mere $5. Seth was a wonderful tour guide and we had a lot of fun. After finishing at the house, we took a walk on the nature trails behind the house, which made for a lovely, quiet morning.

1  Thank Kara B