“Always the best. ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

All excellent quaint rustic ambiance with post card bayside views and delicious classic New England seafood. Can't go wrong here.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

My wife and I looked forward to having a meal here while in New Hampshire and while staying nearby. Getting there is a little bit of an adventure at the moment as there is a lot of road construction at the exit off of Route 16, but it is worth the slight hassle.

We pulled in around 6:15 p.m. on a Saturday night and it was very empty- maybe two dozen other people. Since it was dark we could not see out over the water. Our server was Taylor who took our drink order (diet Cokes), and when she returned took our order. We both selected a small (think cup) extra thick New England clam chowder, and it lived up to its name- it was very thick and very clammy. Among the best I've had.

Shortly after we finished the chowdah, out came our entrees. My wife had the Lobster Pie, which came with cole slaw and her selection of home-made chips as sides. She enjoyed all items. I had the fried combo, picking coconut shrimp and bay scallops with the cole slaw and french fries as sides, they also were very good and the sauces added immensely to the enjoyment.

Even though we cleaned our plates, we had room for dessert. My wife chose the Italian lemon cake which was very good; I decided I hadn't had enough fried food for the day and went for the fried cheesecake- the crust was cinnamon-sugary, the inside very gooey, and well worth it.

Throughout the experience Taylor gave us just the right amount of attention, and was very friendly and engaging. Overall a very nice experience and well worth it. Our total before tax and tip was a hair over $72.

Asides- they have takeout, and there is a huge selection of lobsters visible in tanks at the front of the store, which also includes a gift shop.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Great place to bring you family. Great views of the water. Seafood is good. Sizes are middle of the road. Wait staff is friendly but can be slow if they are very busy.

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

We love this place and have been coming here for years. The food was great and the service was friendly and attentive. The thick clam chowder was amazing. I had the clam strips for lunch and my husband had the seafood Shepard's pie. We thought they were both fantastic. We got to sit by the window with a beautiful view of the water. It was a very nice romantic lunch to start our trip.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Good service, not as busy a d server was very patient and knowledgeable. Great atmosphere. Great food and quick and hot.

Been to Newick's Lobster House? Share your experiences!