All reviewsphillips exeter academybed and breakfastbreakfast was delicioussun roomgreat companyparents weekendwalking distancecomfortable staycookiesmonetritapeareunionmaine
Reviewed September 17, 2017

This bed and breakfast was such a find! The service was top notch, to include Rita, the owner, working with me to accommodate my breakfast preferences, and providing food that was healthy for me. I loved my room -- it was a free upgrade because a regular visitor booked after me and the room reserved for me is always the one she stays in. This was a bonus! Quaint, pretty, calm, restful, with a very comfortable bed and pillows - always important. This B&B literally is "around the corner" from downtown Exeter, which is exactly what I desired. A 2 1/2 block walk to the restaurant I decided to eat at, over the Merrimack River, and on the way back, I discovered a local chocolatiers I stopped at the next day. I only wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the beautiful sitting room and patio! There was several different kinds of coffee and tea available right next to the dining room, which anyone staying there could prepare themselves whenever desired. Or, if you're like me and not used to a K-Cup, Rita would prepare for you. If I am ever back in Exeter, New Hampshire, I will definitely stay at the Around the Corner Bed and Breakfast. By the way, the price point was better than other accommodations in the area, and this little gem was really the closest to where I needed to be the next morning. And, the gardens were beautiful! There wasn't anything I didn't like about this B&B - truly!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Monet room, which had a lovely view of the street and the side yard.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded September 21, 2017

Thank you so much for your glowing review, Carol! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience the quaint town of Exeter.
What more does one need- flowers and chocolate!! P.S. Although we are named after a painting by Andrew Wyeth, you're right, we are just Around the Corner!!!
Rita
Around the Corner B & B

Reviewed August 16, 2017

my husband and I had a great time, the room was sweet, breakfast were great, Rita and Peter were great company (B&B owners) shops and restaurants were excellent and close by. We went on a Whale Watch at Rye Harbour-Atlantic Queen II saw Humpbacks jumping out of the water, along w/3 Finn whales w/dolphins on ride home. What a day and got some great pics...Also Exeter has a ton of history. We toured the Ladd Glenhouse and other places. Would definately go here again. Fuller Gardens were beautiful too.

Room Tip: we had the monet room this a B&B. We like the quiet of them..not the noise of bigger places. We would go here again.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rita R, Owner at Around the Corner Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Your "romantic get-away" could not have been more perfect!
Next time I will point you in the direction of the American Independence Museum and the Folsom Tavern, 2 treasures a 10 minute walk from Around the Corner B & B. Plus, Stillwells ice cream is right across the street and a stroll down Swasey Parkway will provide a nice history break It will be another perfect weekend!
Hope to see you again! Rita

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Well maintained and enchanting. The service and hospitality was impeccable! Surely my go to when visiting beautiful historic New Hampshire! . No need to look or consider further unless they are booked. Rita is an Amazing host . She surely made an imprecision with her welcoming smile and open arms! Thanks Rita for making my first time visit in NH a lasting memorable one! Ask about her special signature breakfast!
Vince B

Room Tip: The Monet room is a charming comfort you will love!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

We (grandparents) and our daughter stayed here with Her daughter before dropping Her off for 5 weeks of summer school. So welcoming and comfortable not to mention convenient as we walked everywhere. The breakfast was delicious. The beds are cozy comfy. We'll stay here again for sure.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2017

I came here with my boyfriend for his high school reunion at Exeter. I wanted to stay at a local B&B instead of the chain hotel his class was being hosted at to get more of a feel for the town. This B&B was perfect - charming, comfortable, excellent service, and right in town convenient to everything. Couldn't beat coming back from a long day and having coffee and delicious brownies in the beautiful breakfast room/sun room! Plus we had the whole top floor to ourselves! Next time we come for reunion I'm gonna book our room here well in advance - would love to stay here again and again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (Wyeth room) - very quiet and private.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple