“Caught a good day of skiing”

Gunstock Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Gilford
Reviewed January 20, 2018

It had snowed on Wednesday, so my hubby and I decided to head for some skiing up north. We decided on Gunstock as we saw that we could ski for 4 hours for a, um, Senior Citizen (over 60) price of $39.00. We were in cause we're over 60 (just barely)! We were on the slopes about 1:30 and skied til dark - about 5:15. It was fantastic that we did not have to get off at 4:00 like most ski areas. The conditions were very good due to a snowstorm the day before; otherwise, I think it would have been a skating rink on all slopes. Because it was mid-week, we practically had the place to ourselves. I'm sure if it were a weekend, it would have been a madhouse. We are hoping for more snow in the near future so we can return. The view from the top of the mountain at sunset was so beautiful. Oh, I forgot to mention that it was beautiful blue skies and a perfect 20 degrees. OK, so I'm bragging that we picked, possibly, the best ski day this winter. Anyway, Gunstock is a cute little mountain and was perfect skiing for us intermediates. If I were an expert, the Glades looked tempting. It is only about 1400 vertical drop, but there were plenty of slopes to choose from. Parking and to get in and out of the pick up/drop off was a bit confusing, especially in the dark. Not much signage. Staff were all very helpful in the Lodge and at the ticket booth.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"two hours"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Skiing is okay for a beginner-intermediate area. The big problem is the parking system. They had cars parked three deep with the middle row of cars completely blocked in by the car in front and the car in back. So the people int the middle could not leave when they wanted to. And of course, there were no parking attendents directing vehicles. If you don't mind waiting a couple of hours to leave after you finish skiing, Gunstock resort is the place for you.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Have skied Gunstock 5 years in recent years and really enjoy it! Beautiful views of Lake Winnepesakee (sp?) from the top and a decent number of black diamond and blue square trails, closer to Boston by 30 minutes than Breton Woods, etc. Great ski area for a mid-week visit for 4 - 5 hours of very enjoyable skiing. Gunstock is a gem of a ski area!

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

The staff at this mountain is amazing! I'm 63 years old, and I actually learned to ski! A shout out to Krista, Rick and Fred, and especially the rental shop who fit me with comfortable boots, which allowed me to enjoy my experience. I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: December 2017