All reviewssmall beachgreat locationboblaketoiletries
Reviewed October 1, 2016

Good - as stated great location with a lakeside gazebo and seemed to be clean.

Cons:
Not a B&B - Bed but no breakfast - but I knew that when I booked.

At check in Bob the owner seemed like he had other more pressing things to attend to rather than us. No interest in what we were doing or planned on doing and no recommendations - only provided recommendations on where to eat supper when we sought him out and asked him. Never saw him or any other staff after we checked in. No recommendations for breakfast - we hit the road looking for a restaurant for breakfast - quite a drive before we stumbled on a little diner.

Inn is extremely dark with dark period correct wood but very little lighting. Couldn't read in our room due to poor light - one small table lamp with a spiral bulb and a trilight with a single rather than a triple bulb. One night was fine, but with shorter days of fall the darkness of the Inn would become depressing very quickly.

Our bed was firm, except the mattress sagged in the middle and the bed creaked and groaned. Middle of the night was awoken by the creaking floorboards from someone on the floor above. Bathroom walls between adjacent rooms are thin!!!!

TV - not sure whether they have cable/sat or whether they just use an antenna. Seemed like the latter - not many shows, majority of channels seemed to be info-mercials

Internet - signal was so weak in our room that it was impossible to stay connected

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2016

My adult daughter and I spent 2 nights here while attending performances in nearby Meredith where my son was performing with Interlakes Theater. It was perfect for us!
The inn is charming, the room clean& comfy and the innkeepers lovely! We enjoyed a take out dinner on the dock and the day lakeside watching the boats pass by. Nothing better than morning coffee on the porch. Wish that I had found this place earlier in the summer I would have stayed all 4 times we visited the area! maybe next year

Room Tip: Laura Ashley room is small but lovely
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came to the lovely lake area to see the Dave Matthews Band at nearby Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion and came a few days early to make a mini vacation of the visit. The Inn at Smith Cove was perfect! Beautifully situated on the lake with its own little beach area and gazebo. The property is lovingly maintained by Bob, the owner. The rooms are quaint and functional, our room, the Kelley Room had a super lake view. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing, just what we were hoping for. Thanks for a great stay, Bob!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We are frequent guests at the Inn and it is wonderful. The inn is clean the grounds are well maintained. The beaches are great, plenty of room to dig in the sand or float on a raft. The inn keepers Bob and Maria treat you like your family, and the staff could not be more friendly. The location is perfect if your spending time on the big lake and families are always welcomed.

Room Tip: The little House in the cove has lots of privacy. Room 4 corner room nice view of the lake
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank treetops19
Reviewed August 11, 2015

We stayed in the DeFalco room for 4 nights. This room is small, but has all the necessities-bathroom, air conditioner, tv, wifi. It was spotless which is important to me. Big fluffy towels each day and beautiful views of the cove. Coffee is provided in the morning as well as some pastries. The owners, Bob and Maria, are on site and very friendly and accommodating, as was the room staff. My one suggestion would be to put a lamp on each side of the bed, as it was impossible to read without one. Also, another clothes hook in the bathroom would help. Overall, we had a wonderful stay, the mattress and pillows were very comfortable and we slept very well. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great views from most rooms. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family