All reviews nice outdoor pool fire pit room was clean microwave getaway
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The Staff were very friendly and check-in was quick and easy. The Room was basic. Kitchenette had 1 spoon, 1 fork, bottle opener, 2 pans, 1 coffee cup{no coffee maker}, 2 plates and paper bowls. Fridge was a half size with great freezer. The Bathroom was TINY with no room to put anything or even turn around with out knocking things over. We were left 2 sets of towels for 4 people. The beds had clean white sheets on them and fairly new comforters but he beds sagged into the middle leaving me clinging to the edge. We left the AC on full all the time because it barely worked and it was a replacement thrown in the window. The Room was not clean! Shower had black stuff in the corners, the doors had stuff all over them and the hardwood floor left our feet black in 5 minutes! WiFi was week at best and not really available in the room. Unless you are going to party I wouldn't recommend this place. I had read the reviews and went with an open mind. I can see where they have made upgrades but it didn't meet our basic expectations.

Room tip: Find another motel!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I was nervous, but shouldn't have been. It is a motel, so as expected the rooms were small, and the decor sparse. Clearly this motel is being upgraded, one item at a time.
Room was meticulously clean, The beds were the most incredibly mattress i have ever slept on. The A/C was older, but worked...
The owner was quite possibly the nicest man I have ever met. I was up early and sitting outside and he offered to bring me over a cup of coffee. Incredibly nice.
Pool was great, many families, off the strip but very quiet. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room tip: I can't say what was better, we were in room 12 and I slept like a rock
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank beth o
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Just had another AMAZING stay here. The whole crew and I. We booked a total of 5 rooms and we couldn't complain about a thing! Rooms are renovated, clean, amazing fire pit, grills, and wicked friendly.

I won't ever stay anywhere else when I'm up here.

Already planning another girls getaways during the winter! ♡

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

We arrived tired after a long day. Owner offered to put us in touch with local food delivery place offering pizza, kebab, pasta and other dishes, allowing us to use office phone. Room was a bit on the dated side and would benefit from newer furniture and some paint on walls. We didn't try AC as it was cold and wet. All good in bathroom. Beds were both a bit on the soft side. I'm thinking while the place tried hard, it didn't merit a $90 tag in comparison to others.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2017

What can I say? This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. We didn't plan this trip out thoroughly but found Emerald Isle online using google fairly quick. This was the first and last place we needed up calling. The price was so cheap we were skeptical because if it's too good to be true it usually is. Well I was wrong. Upon pulling in this place looked right at home. Good vibes from point 1. We were offered a set of 3 keys and got to pick anyone we wanted. We stayed in room 28 due to being close to pool and an end room as well so no neighbors. Our stay was beyond great. Not one single complaint. The rooms were spotless and over clean. There is no bugs whatsoever. There is no unwanted smell. Everything looked new in all the rooms. The pool was beyond clean other then a couple leaves I pulled out with the skimmer on site. Now the hotel alone was great and no complaints. The staff? Beyond exceptional! The lady at the desk and I apologize because I forgot her name, but she had the best hotel hospitality anyone could ask for. It is sad seeing the few bad reviews on this hotel because it is nothing like any of the negative reviews. Not only was this lady over accommodating and the politest person but she went above and beyond with letting us have extras and using the pool after hours so adults could swim after kids were sleeping. Even know pool was closed at 9. We also wanted to swim later in the day before our long trip home many hours after check out time. Not a problem she let us with no issues. After spending the day doing tourist stuff we got to swim right before hitting the road. Also the locals who live there at the hotel are awesome and helped us with towels, directions, or any problems we might of had. The ladies husband I believe who he was... He was also very polite and always asked us if what he was working on was a bother or not. This is a little hidden gem and we recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to have a stress free and fun vacation that's affordable and easy going. I wish we could give this a rating of 100 stars but 5 will have to do. Thank you again for making our little vacation doable. We will be returning either later this year or if we don't make it this year we will def be staying next summer no questions asked!

Room tip: Room 28 seemed to be the best!
Date of stay: June 2017