Don't go there!
Dirty bathroom, smelly room, smoke detector barely hanging, mouse poops, mouse itself, stains on bedsheet, unprofessional, aggressive staff, needs painting, cleaning and to be taken down.
Don't go there! All our story below.
1. Light wasn't working in the first and second room that we had. Just small bed lamps were working.
2. At 2 am in the night we were weaken up because of the noise and we discovered that there is mouse in our room living in a fridge.
3. I walked down to reception to report it immediately. Porter was talking to me wearing just underwear and barely zipped shirt.
4. I told him everything but he couldn't think of any solution. Finally he told that we can change a room. In the middle of the night!
5. I told him to take the fridge away and that we will expect discount or refund - he said "Of course" and to come in the morning to talk with his aunt.
6. During our talk my wife caught mouse in a trash bin closing it inside with a towel. I walked down again to told porter to remove a trash bin.
7. I found out that he fallen asleep in a chair and when he woke up he said: "You caught a mouse? Good, I will take it in the morning." I told him to do it immediately and walked to the room. It took him next few minutes to come upstairs one floor. He entered room without any word. He entered without wearing trousers, just in underwear in front of my wife! Finally he took a trash bin, leaving it outside till the morning with our towel. He didn't give us new towel. He didn't apologize at all!
9. In the morning during check out we wanted to get discount or refund for what happened. Lady (aunt of night-porter) said that there is no way of getting any discount and she can't do anything because she is not an owner. We asked how we can reach owner - she replied the he is going to be at the motel around 5 pm. Than we asked for a phone number to the owner - she gave us a general number to motel. We wanted to call him but lady said he had dialysis and is sleeping right now. We asked again if he is going to be at the motel this day - she said "No" this time (so she lied at first)! She didn't want to give name of the owner. She was aggressive, unprofessional, trying to make us feel bad because of giving us "bigger" room and we should pay more. We told her that paying 216 US dollars for these conditions is unacceptable so she shouted that we should pay more! She said that they are closing motel in 3 weeks anyway, when she couldn't think of any more excuse she said crossing her arms that she is not going to talk with us (just like a little kid).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Stone Gable Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Gable Hotel Hampton