Hampton Falls Inn(Hampton Falls)
US$113
US$94
US$165
Seabrook Inn(Seabrook)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$129
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$165
US$135
  • Pool
US$159
All reviewstrading postpancake breakfastcamp storeseasonal sitesdog parkhampton beachseasonal campersplanned activitiesthe east coastquiet at nightgeneral storelabor day weekendfull hookupsoff seasonnew hampshirewoodspaved
Reviewed September 10, 2015

Great campground. Close to Hampton Beach and other stores. The campsites are large and wooded. Bathrooms are clean, although the soap ran out early in the day. It only cost me one quarter to take a long shower. Very friendly and have nice playground for kids. We were surprised they had Halloween Trick or Treating. The campsites were decorated creatively and the kids had lots of fun. Would not hesitate to return next year.

Room Tip: Do not camp near the restrooms. Too busy
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol P
Wakeda, Owner at Wakeda Campground, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Dear Carol,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for your nice comments about our sites, bathrooms and staff! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the kids had fun at Halloween! We hope that you do visit us again next year!

Reviewed August 29, 2015

This is a very nice campground. The sites are nice and you do not feel cramped as you might at other campgrounds. Earlier in our trip we stayed at a "Resort" campground and it doesn't even measure up to this campground. The only thing we found odd was having to pay for a shower. It's the first time we encountered this but I was able to get my shower in for a quarter so I have no real complaints. It was the same for my husband. The staff were friendly. They do offer free Wi-Fi but it is only available at the camp store. They don't have cable. This is a campground I would definitely recommend to other fellow campers.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat O
Wakeda, Owner at Wakeda Campground, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2015

Dear Pat,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Wakeda! We couldn’t be more pleased to hear how we compared to the resort campground! The fee for the shower is primarily a means to control water usage – we’ve found that when they aren’t timed they are sometimes left running with no one in them! We greatly appreciate the positive feedback about our staff and do hope you’ll visit us again!

Reviewed August 16, 2015

Hands down the best campground I ever stayed at - and I camp a LOT! Brand new super clean bathrooms and showers. Nice spacious wooded sites, super friendly staff, near beaches, shopping, restaurants, whale watches, etc, etc, etc. I loved this place that I found on a lark and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Wakeda, Owner at Wakeda Campground, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Dear Eventgallb,
Your title is music to our ears - thank you so much!! We’re thrilled that you found us and hope that you’ll do A LOT of your future camping at Wakeda! :-) We really appreciate you sharing this positive feedback about our restrooms, staff, sites and location – it’s truly great to hear! We hope you have a wonderful rest of your summer!

Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

This is our second year in a row coming to Wakeda Campgrounds and I must say I'm so glad I found this place. Me and my fiancée are going into the U.S. Marine Corps this December so we won't be able to come here for a few years, however, when we can we will! It's basically in the center of all the towns in the NH area, and 15 mins from Hampton Beach! I can drive 10mins west and go to Exeter, 20mins north and go to Portamouth or Newington. Shopping is great in this area as there is no sales tax on any clothes (unlike the 7% in NY).

Now let me begin by saying that staying for a week costs only $242, that's cheaper than spending one night in nearly all the hotel rooms by the beach. I love camping because of this place and although I'm only 19 and my fiancée is 20 we both feel like living in this area would be great one day! Wakeda has opened our eyes to what's around this area and all that NH has to offer here on the east coast. The bathrooms on the campsite are almost hit or miss because sometime I walk into them and want to pass out because of horrible guests who can't flush. Bring change for showers as a quarter gives you about 5-6 mins. Other than that I really have no complaints because I don't get annoying kids by my site and really nobody by us in general.

I recommend going Monday-Monday if you stay a week because the beach parking is only $5 until you hit the weekends. Plus a lot of people here at Wakeda stay Fri-Sun, so you'll have a close to empty site around you!

Thank you Wakeda Management and Staff!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Wakeda, Owner at Wakeda Campground, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2015

Dear Josh,
We’re thrilled you found us too! We feel very lucky to be located in such a great area (huge thanks to Makeda and Pakeda for their foresight 50 years ago!) and are happy to hear you’ve been able to take advantage of it! Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback and, most importantly, thank you, in advance, for your service! We hope to welcome you back sometime when you’re on leave!

Reviewed August 7, 2015

Check out for tent sites is 3:00 so I arrived @2:30 for my favorite site..the inconsiderate family that was still there @ 3:30 was obviously in no hurry to pack up! Their tent was still up and now their car won't start. I've got groceries to put on ice and a new tent to set up by myself,so I was getting really irritated.the office tried to give me a new site,but that's why I called weeks ago.for this site because frankly, all the others are on top of each other. I am a busy mother of four and I camp alone,a lot. Been here to the same site,a lot. Now,my 3 day vacation was ruined before it even started and I'm driving back to Worcester, MA. This turned into my problem because of unenforced check out. By the way, when I pulled up to the site a lady came up to me and said she was glad the family was leaving because their dog was barking constantly.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Wakeda, Owner at Wakeda Campground, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2015

Dear Robin,
We’re sorry that your return trip to Wakeda did not go as you’d planned. We know how important some relaxing time away is, especially for a busy parent, and we remember how upset you were when you left the property at 3. It was unfortunate that the previous camper ran into car trouble, but I’m sure if you were ever in a similar situation you would appreciate the patience and understanding we tried to show these campers. We wish you had decided to stay for a bit longer as we were able to help them get their car started and they were off the site and on their way home at 3:45. As you mentioned, you’ve visited us before without any similar unfortunate circumstances and we do genuinely hope you’ll decide to stay with us again in the future.