“Awful Customer Service”

Hampton Falls Inn
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
“Awful Customer Service”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Wife stayed the night of the snow storm when the hotel lost power. Called to find out if there would be a rate adjustment/refund for the nights hotel fee. I have called the same front desk employee five times, and management will not give me a call back. At least with the power being out, we could not see how dirty the room was.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Jason F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed here for a night quick trip, the room was spacious as well as bathroom, they have a great indoor pool with wrap around outside deck that was fun to use. Service was good. Not close to the beach but a short drive away. Overall would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank m9190
South Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 October 2011

This is a pretty nice hotel if you are on a budget and are only spending one or two nights. Rooms are basic and were pretty clean. Downside is that the hotel is not very close to the beach. Definitely have to drive. But a good choice for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
South Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I booked this hotel one day ahead of arrival over the internet.I was given a confirmation number,but was also informed that this was not a reservation confirmation.They would contact me later with a finnal confirmation number.I have never heard of such a thing in my many years of travel.After a half an hour went by,I called the hotel and spoke to Annette.She said she couldn't help me at this time,but would handle it soon.Two hours later I called again and spoke to the same woman.I had requested a mini suite.She said she was new,and didn't know which room numbers were which.She asked me if a room with a king bed would suffice.I said sure,as time was running out to get anything on a hoilday weekend.I asked for a confirmation number,and she came back with NO.I said what do you mean NO? She said she was busy and that she would e-mail me later.She did about an hour later.Upon arrival,we were skeptical due to the unprofessional handling of the reservation.The guy at the front desk wasn't any better.We headed out down the hallway holding our breath.The hallway had fresh carpeting and wallpaper.Looked ok.Into the room we go,seeing the kingsize bed with the foot of the bed higher than the head of the bed,with a good sized hole in the middle where we always ended up in no matter where you layed down.We actually slept with our heads at the foot of the bed.The lights above the bed didn't work,as well as one of the outlets in the bathroom.The room and bathroom were very clean,with new carpeting and wallpaper.It was very quiet there through the night.One last thing--the bath towels were not much bigger that hand towels,and very scratchy.But for 85 dollars,I would probably stay there again,especially due to the good location.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Montreal
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Went there for a night- as it IS pet friendly- the rooms you see online are in the front- we were in the back , what felt like the basement- but is ground floor- OLD, and well dirty? not the worst but seriously- i think the room has not been vacuumed, and i am sure there was god pee on the carpet near the back sliding doors- which of course can happen- however it was NOT cleaned up- however the back door was great for us- to unload, and load-as well as walk the puppy..the deack is in need of paint to say the least- private? i guess but only one old chair...
beds were ok- i did sleep
bathroom was also ok- cleaner than the sleeping area.
price was great..go figure
fridge worked, internet was great.

Room Tip: ask for the front they looked nicer.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I loved the firm mattress. Tub area could've been a little cleaner. Hotel pipes or water mains are probably cast iron so plumbing fixtures are stained, looks terrible, but it's fine to bath or shower with. All I need is a quiet place to sleep and a clean shower, so I look for the cheapest places. This place was by far the best of the three I used in this area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We reserved 3 nights at this hotel, we went there 3 years ago and then, it was very clean... but now, it's just awful. When we enter the room, we could already smell cigarettes, even if this was a no-smoking rooms. I ask the front desk if we could switch room, but he couldn't care less, says hotel is full and he gave me an airfreshner!!! 15 min. after we check in, my daugther feets where all dirty and black from walking bare-foot on the carpet.... 15 minutes!!!! Next morning, I take a quit shower to find out the bath drain is 3/4 clog and when water cleared, they was hairs and debris that came out of there....so no bath for the kids that morning, Bathroom sink didn't empty by itself, we couldn't re-open the drain plug. 2nd morning, my 4 years old son was complaining that he was itchy, and at about the same time, I came across reviews of this place while I was looking for a restaurant, I read the comment from march 1st, 2010. When I read about that other guest were also itchy in the morning, that was it for me, we check out. I will never go back there.. EVER!!! And if you have dust allergies, don't go there without your allergy medication.. they don't vacuum under beds and tables... or even the tight corner in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

0.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
7.2 km away
Hampton Inn by Hilton Amesbury

Been to Hampton Falls Inn? Share your experiences!