Six South St Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hanover Inn Dartmouth(Hanover)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hotel Coolidge(White River Junction)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn(White River Junction)
View Hotel
All reviewsdartmouth collegevalet parkinghanover inngreat alternativeboutique hotelgreat hoteltwo blocksfree starbucks coffeemain streetwithin walking distancesmall hotelshort walkcomfortable roomslate checknice sizeexcellent stayper day
Reviewed December 17, 2011

A really nice hotel - I would recommend it for it's ambiance and location. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. They were able to let us check in very early which gave us the whole day to shop and explore Hanover. The room was very upscale and nicely decorated. Extremely clean too. We didn't use the hotel's restaurant but the staff told us the chef was excellent - maybe next time. We were given a special rate because of an event we were attending which was the reason we chose this property. The only thing I might suggest to the management is to perhaps put a little better lighting in the room but that was a very minor problem.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dquigley86
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Homecoming, 2011- Hotel was filled but service was exceptional at all levels, from parking valet, to the front desk, to the restaurant/bar. This is small well-desinged hotel, well-positioned in Hanover. King rooms are well appointed, bathrooms are modern, food is respectable and the bartendress was a trip. We have stayed in the Hanover Inn, and this hotel is superior, with much better service. It is not cheap, but right now it their market.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bruce T
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

It is such a pleasure to receive your positive feedback, especially so, because it was our first time hosting guests for Dartmouth Homecoming. Getting such high praise for guest service over one of the busiest weekends of the year is gratifying, to say the least. Thank you for letting us know how we did!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Six South is a wonderful hotel. (For the most part) A king bedroom is very well furnished, including a loveseat as well. The bathrooms are very trendy, especially without having shower curtains. Do not worry: They have this neat glass pane that blocks any water leaving. Gotta see it to believe it. Location is ideal, you have several good restaurants and a CVS nearby so you can get whatever you need done, ASAP. Gym room has very new workout equipment (very impressive), and the business center allows you to print whatever you need for your trip. Very clean hotel, no issues about that, and concierge is pretty nice and welcoming when you arrive.

HOWEVER. It is very frustrating because I asked the hotel to provide alarm service on the morning I was leaving, because it was at 6:30am, so getting up at 5:30am would be necessary. Had a long day the night before, was paranoid of getting out safely. I was concerned that I wasn't going to wake up, so I asked the front desk to put in an alarm call at around 5:45am. The office reassured me that I was fine, as long as the alarm call went through. From what I was told, the automated system was supposed to keep ringing until someone picks up. Unfortunately, that NEVER happened. I woke up at 6:35am, only to realize I missed the only bus leaving the NYC (my next destination) and now I was stuck in Hanover. I did not want to yell at the front desk, simply because the morning staff was not in charge of the request I made the night before, AND I had an appointment to make, so cursing out the front desk wasn't going to help my cause in the slightest. I think what WAS disappointing, was how they did not insist, or ASK, to help make things better. It seems like the way how this hotel operates is that you can't get "good service" until you have to yell and scream your head off about a problem. I've worked in customer service before, and it's frustrating to have customers yell at you for something you didn't do. But the staff there reminded me that to have such mercy on staff simply because I've been through the same thing in my life, is irrational and pointless.

How I like to see a hotel operate, is you do things right the first time around, and if you make a mistake, you fess up and you take full responsibility. Make it up to the person.

I ENDED UP SPENDING 30 DOLLARS TO BUS BACK TO BOSTON, THEN ANOTHER 140 TO TAKE AN AMTRAK TO NYC. Not to mention, a lost ticket for the bus to NYC, which was another 70 dollars. Thats about 200 I lost! This is a very frustrating situation because I actually liked this hotel. Shame that it wasn't an overall great stay. 2 Stars, though.

Room Tip: To my understanding, all rooms are great. It's a NEW HOTEL. That being said, just watch out for the front desk.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex H
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Dear Guest,
I am so sorry that we were responsible for your missing the bus to NYC and for the many inconveniences and expenses that you had to deal with. We learned something about our wake-up call system at your expense and for that I apologize....humbly. It's my understanding that our Front Office Manager was able to contact you personally and resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm glad that, excluding this incident, your stay here at Six South was a good one and equally glad to know that you will be staying with us again when you visit Hanover in the future.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We were there on a football weekend, and the location was great. Close to town, campus, and stadium. Staff exceptionally accomodating. One of our party needed a wheelchair due to recent surgery. No wheelchair was available at checkin, but one of the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to locate a chair - finally borrowing it from the local hospital - and delivered it to us at the game! Rooms are clean, comfortable, and the bedding was very good. Trendy decor especially for Hanover. Food and beverage good also. No problem staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BK383
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

We pride ourselves on guest service here at Six South. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and kudos to Lorene, our Front Desk associate, who went "the extra mile" to find that wheelchair. Hope to see you here next football season...if not before!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed at the Six South St hotel a few weekends ago. The staff were welcoming and very accommodating, but the hotel fell short of expectations. Although the hotel is centrally located in Hanover, and thus terrific for walking in town, the building is nestled unusually close to another business building, leaving many rooms without any views, and with necessitating our keeping our single window closed to have any degree of privacy. The lobby is fairly cool, and although modern and simple,, actually felt non-inviting. This was accentuated by the fact that the lobby bar did not open until 5 PM, there were no small groupings of chairs or couches to draw people to sit a bit. The rooms were well decorated, with sofa couch, modern amenities, and as noted by previous reviewers, very comfortable beds. Parking is an issue,, with only an expensive valet option, and yet the cars are kept outside,, there is a wait for the valet to retrieve your car, and snow is problematic. There is no room service... there is no coffee service in the lobby,, nor cider nor wine hour nor other...The prices are very high for this essentially limited service hotel; they can charge because it is Hanover, and there are such limited other options in town. If the hotel really wants to capture other than the potential and current Dartmouth students and their families, alumni, etc, they will need to define more of a boutique identity for themselves. The staff is great, and there is potential...

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room that faces the street rather than the building behind
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple