“Fourth Stay....still the best.”
Review of Six South St Hotel

Six South St Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hanover
North Texas
“Fourth Stay....still the best.”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Six South has become the destination of choice in Hanover. After a year of operation, the staff/rooms/amenities/condition of the property are still impeccable. The bar and restaurant are busier than our earlier stays. The breakfast is worth a try when the line at Lou's is too long.

We noticed this trip that the bandwidth on wired internet was very fast and has likely been upgraded. The staff, many of whom have been there since our first stay, are more than just attentive...they are engaged and interested.

The complimentary registration area iPad is also a nice touch.

Room Tip: All of ours have been fine.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ntxtraveler091
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
While first impressions are so important in our business, positive fourth impressions are equally so! Thank you for being a loyal Six South customer and sharing your positive comments!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We were delighted by our stay at the Six South St Hotel. It felt like a big city hotel that had been transported to a small college town. Attentive service, nice amenities, good food, central location. An excellent choice for a visit to Dartmouth.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Long Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We arrived very late at night on the night of our arrival. Valet parking was so attentive and the front desk staff was very efficient as we were exhausted. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The location is ideal for a visit to Dartmouth College. The problem was the next morning when we went to eat breakfast in the restaurant. There was only 1 waitress and she had way too many tables to take care of the guests adequately. We waited almost 35 minutes for eggs and toast and had to really rush in order to make the information session on the Dartmouth Campus. We allowed plenty of time to eat (an hour) which should have been sufficient to enjoy our meal - but not here! My son's omelet was screwed up with the wrong ingredients because the waitress never wrote anything down. We were too late to have it remade and anyway, would have been impossible to get her attention! What was most disturbing was that the GM of the hotel was wiping tables and not making any eye contact with the guests or apologizing for the slow service. His behavior made us think that he didn't care at all about the quality of service. Another parent at our info session at Dartmouth actually came up to me and said he couldn't believe the poor service in the hotel during breakfast! Unfortunately, this left a bad taste for a lot of people! It is a shame that this is what sticks out from my visit to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank luv2bebizee1
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
I apologize for the slow service and the mix up with your breakfast order. We were indeed challenged that morning. Certainly I do care about the quality of our service.
FL
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Interesting check in process and I'm sure just a fluke. Couldn't find our on line reservation even with a printout provided. I had received email confirmation as well as a "looking forward to seeing you next week" email. Fortunately rooms were available and the gal was more than happy to honor the rate we were quoted the month before. We had a car and when we arrived the valet asked in a kind of half sincere "do you need help with your bags?". I was more than happy to tell him "no" and I'm certain he was relieved. BTW, $18 for parking your car. I didn't see that charge fee noted ahead of time and a public garage option was offered but you need to move it at 7am the next day.
Decor at the hotel is crisp and clean. Coffee and hot water offered in the lobby. We had a deluxe king room with a sofa bed. It was fine but a little cramped with three of us. Certainly doable...it's all in what you're needs are.
We didn't eat at the hotel as meals were not served on Sundays. Didn't have breakfast there..went to Lou's and was not disappointed.
On a really nice flip side..on the departure end of the world. We left early to do a college tour and asked if our luggage could be stored for our return as it would be after the check out time. When we returned they had actually put our bags in our car!! It was a nice surprise and treat.
Hanover Inn was being renovated at the time and I would investigate that the next visit, but would hope check in would be smoother at Sixth next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer a review of Six South. I am sorry that your reservation wasn't in order upon arrival. We always appreciate constructive feedback, both negative and positive. I'm very glad that your overall stay was a positive one and we hope that you'll stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Hanover.
Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was most impressed with Six South. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was very comfortable and spacious with a great bathroom. Everything was clean, clean, clean and the sheets and towels even smelled great! You can tell that a lot of thought went into planning this hotel. Super location too! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have windows on two sides and are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thanks so much for your glowing review.....particularly the headline of "excellent service"! Here at Six South the staff is sincerely dedicated to making positive impressions on our guests. It's very gratifying to receive your feedback. I will share your comments with all.
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The hotel turned me away with a confirmed reservation made weeks earlier, after first telling me that I needed to show a government ID to justify a low online rate. After I offered to pay at a higher rate, they then informed me that there was no room available at all. The managers are disorganized and incompetent. Be sure to stay elsewhere unless you want to risk ending up, as I did, in Vermont despite a confirmed reservation at this poorly managed hotel.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ellen d
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Ellen D
I am extremely sorry for the distressing situation that you were subjected to at check-in for your confirmed reservation here at Six South. To say the least, we did not handle our over-booked predicament very well. As such, I offer my humble apologies. I certainly understand the frustrations with management that necessitated this review and take full responsibility for our failure to handle this situation with better care. I would appreciate the opportunity to do whatever
we can to make you feel just a bit better about our hotel and am open to what you would deem fair, as good faith compensation for your time & trouble.
In the meantime, I will work with staff members to make sure that we do things better the next time, when confronted with a similar situation. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Truckee, CA
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I really like the new Six South St. Hotel in Hanover, NH. It was within walking distance to Dartmouth College and all the restaurants and shopping of Hanover. Staff was very friendly. They even allow pets!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
0.2 km away
7.5 km away
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Six South St Hotel? Share your experiences!