“Attention to Details”

Murphy's On The Green
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Murphy's on the Green - Exceptional Food in Hanover, New Hampshire *** Murphy's is very LOCAL. We purchase almost all of our meat, produce, dairy and bread products from our many high quality Upper Valley Farms and purveyors and we appeal to the new 'locavore' movement... eating and purchasing food within 100 miles of your location. Our 'day boat' seafood comes 'hand picked' from the docks of Boston. We are proud members of the Vermont Food Network.
Reviewed May 21, 2018

I had an inspiring experience yesterday at Murphy's in Hanover that is worth at least a small shout. I was totally impressed and it needs to be told. Let me explain.
A friend and I stopped in for lunch. We chose a table in a side cove near the entrance. Another couple or three walked in and chose the other table in the cove. Some friends of theirs saw them through the window and decided to come in and socialize. It got LOUD and boisterous to say the least, with absolutely no mindfulness of the fact that my friend and I were in the midst of lunch. It was as if we did not exist.
After the intruders left, the manager -- and I'm sorry I did not get his name -- offered, unsolicited by us, to let us choose dessert and coffee or another drink "on the house" for tolerating the thoughtlessness on the part of the invaders. Wow, was I impressed. What a thoughtful gesture, and the fact that he noticed.
And, by the way, the lunch was great; plentiful and delicious, and at a very reasonable price. Murphy's is definitely the place if you are looking for great quality, good service, and a care-full management. In spite of the crowds of people in a college town, someone noticed and cared -- a blessing in our time. When in Hanover I will always choose Murphy's.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Murphys is my friends and my go to restaurant. From visits from family to after-hours fun with friends, this really is an all weather type of establishment.

The food, service, ambiance, and general friendlieness are unparalleled. My favorite items on the menu are the meatballs, calamari, caesar salad, burger (amazing sauce and cooked excellently), spicy chicken sandwich, smoked pork belly tacos, and the chicken wings (which have recently been revamped with the new chef!).

With the return of the old chef, Stephen Dow, the already exellent menu has recieved a makover (the wings are better than ever with a slightly sweet but tangy-spicy sauce that is inspiring) which retains the distinctive flavor and richness of the food but with a myriad of fun new dishes (like the smoked pork belly tacos). The owner of the restaurant, Nigel, is a great guy; he is a welcoming and convivial host with a genuine desire for his patrons to have a good experience. A long time local, with a lot of stories from his days as a rugby champion for the BC Eagles and afterwards, he is a fun and engaging conversationalist with a good sense of humor.

The ambiance is quaint, but lively. Great for every meal, Murphy’s does not get stuck in the fate of so many New England style bar where the daylight is the establishment’s worst enemy. Murphy escapes this by having a good color scheme and tasteful-endearing art that complements the lighting and color.

To top things off, the service is phenomenal. The waiters and waitresses are all on it. They are friendly, prompt and courteous.

If you are ever in Hanover, make Murphy’s Bar a destination you will not be disapointed.

-Ben W.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Went here with some friends a few weeks back— Nigel, the owner, was an awesome host and paid attention to each of the patrons. Grade A banter. (Get the burger and brownie sundae while you’re here— you won’t be disappointed.)

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Having spent a lot of time in Hanover over the past eight years, this is my favorite bar in the area. Great service, solid beer selection, and a ton of TVs make it a great spot to hang out with friends.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

- Game 7 - Boston VS Toronto -
Had an excellent view of two TVs both playing the big game.
Service was excellent - our waitress was very kind and helpful as none of us had been there before.
Atmosphere was great - you could have a conversation without yelling, and watch the game at the same time!
Food - delicious, I tried the cauliflower steak and I was not disappointed. Everyone at the table enjoyed their food.
If I'm in the area again, I would definitely come back to this excellent restaurant!