“Fantastic dinner”

Murphy's On The Green
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Murphy's on the Green - Exceptional Food in Hanover, New Hampshire *** Murphy's is very LOCAL. We purchase almost all of our meat, produce, dairy and bread products from our many high quality Upper Valley Farms and purveyors and we appeal to the new 'locavore' movement... eating and purchasing food within 100 miles of your location. Our 'day boat' seafood comes 'hand picked' from the docks of Boston. We are proud members of the Vermont Food Network.
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

In Hanover for a high school lacrosse game, looking for a bite to eat before returning back to Londodnderry. Saw the sign for Murphys and it looked like the place for us. Fantastic food. Fantastic service. Fun atmosphere. Had a great experience. Thank you.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Murphy's is hands-down one of the best restaurants in Hanover. The service is exceptional, everything on the menu is delicious, and the restaurant vibe is unbeatable. I'd recommend anyone in the area stop in, grab a bite, and enjoy.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Visited Murphy's for the first time last night and it was excellent! Great atmosphere, great crowd, professional and friendly service.

Our group (3 of us) got the mussels and calamari to start, along with a few cocktails (delicious!). It was perfection! For my main, I ordered the Asian Marinated Smoked Pork Belly Tacos. Wow. SO GOOD! Cooked to perfection and the flavour combination was amazing! We left feeling full to the brim.

What a great little gem in the heart of Hanover - I'll definitely be back next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed May 21, 2018

I had an inspiring experience yesterday at Murphy's in Hanover that is worth at least a small shout. I was totally impressed and it needs to be told. Let me explain.
A friend and I stopped in for lunch. We chose a table in a side cove near the entrance. Another couple or three walked in and chose the other table in the cove. Some friends of theirs saw them through the window and decided to come in and socialize. It got LOUD and boisterous to say the least, with absolutely no mindfulness of the fact that my friend and I were in the midst of lunch. It was as if we did not exist.
After the intruders left, the manager -- and I'm sorry I did not get his name -- offered, unsolicited by us, to let us choose dessert and coffee or another drink "on the house" for tolerating the thoughtlessness on the part of the invaders. Wow, was I impressed. What a thoughtful gesture, and the fact that he noticed.
And, by the way, the lunch was great; plentiful and delicious, and at a very reasonable price. Murphy's is definitely the place if you are looking for great quality, good service, and a care-full management. In spite of the crowds of people in a college town, someone noticed and cared -- a blessing in our time. When in Hanover I will always choose Murphy's.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Murphys is my friends and my go to restaurant. From visits from family to after-hours fun with friends, this really is an all weather type of establishment.

The food, service, ambiance, and general friendlieness are unparalleled. My favorite items on the menu are the meatballs, calamari, caesar salad, burger (amazing sauce and cooked excellently), spicy chicken sandwich, smoked pork belly tacos, and the chicken wings (which have recently been revamped with the new chef!).

With the return of the old chef, Stephen Dow, the already exellent menu has recieved a makover (the wings are better than ever with a slightly sweet but tangy-spicy sauce that is inspiring) which retains the distinctive flavor and richness of the food but with a myriad of fun new dishes (like the smoked pork belly tacos). The owner of the restaurant, Nigel, is a great guy; he is a welcoming and convivial host with a genuine desire for his patrons to have a good experience. A long time local, with a lot of stories from his days as a rugby champion for the BC Eagles and afterwards, he is a fun and engaging conversationalist with a good sense of humor.

The ambiance is quaint, but lively. Great for every meal, Murphy’s does not get stuck in the fate of so many New England style bar where the daylight is the establishment’s worst enemy. Murphy escapes this by having a good color scheme and tasteful-endearing art that complements the lighting and color.

To top things off, the service is phenomenal. The waiters and waitresses are all on it. They are friendly, prompt and courteous.

If you are ever in Hanover, make Murphy’s Bar a destination you will not be disapointed.

-Ben W.