“New love!”

Murphy's On The Green
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Murphy's on the Green - Exceptional Food in Hanover, New Hampshire *** Murphy's is very LOCAL. We purchase almost all of our meat, produce, dairy and bread products from our many high quality Upper Valley Farms and purveyors and we appeal to the new 'locavore' movement... eating and purchasing food within 100 miles of your location. Our 'day boat' seafood comes 'hand picked' from the docks of Boston. We are proud members of the Vermont Food Network.
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Looking for a place to eat after a lacrosse game. Not being from the area, we decided to try Murphy's. We were greeted by a wonderful man named Nigel who sat us right away. My biggest take aways are as follows: AMAZING food, AMAZING atmosphere and AMAZING owner. The pride Nigel took not only in the establishment but in the food was incredible. He sat and got to know a little bit about us and our daughters and was a true delight. We left incredibly full. One last thing.....you have to try the Brownie sundae....UNREAL!!!!!

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

In Hanover for a high school lacrosse game, looking for a bite to eat before returning back to Londodnderry. Saw the sign for Murphys and it looked like the place for us. Fantastic food. Fantastic service. Fun atmosphere. Had a great experience. Thank you.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Murphy's is hands-down one of the best restaurants in Hanover. The service is exceptional, everything on the menu is delicious, and the restaurant vibe is unbeatable. I'd recommend anyone in the area stop in, grab a bite, and enjoy.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Visited Murphy's for the first time last night and it was excellent! Great atmosphere, great crowd, professional and friendly service.

Our group (3 of us) got the mussels and calamari to start, along with a few cocktails (delicious!). It was perfection! For my main, I ordered the Asian Marinated Smoked Pork Belly Tacos. Wow. SO GOOD! Cooked to perfection and the flavour combination was amazing! We left feeling full to the brim.

What a great little gem in the heart of Hanover - I'll definitely be back next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed May 21, 2018

I had an inspiring experience yesterday at Murphy's in Hanover that is worth at least a small shout. I was totally impressed and it needs to be told. Let me explain.
A friend and I stopped in for lunch. We chose a table in a side cove near the entrance. Another couple or three walked in and chose the other table in the cove. Some friends of theirs saw them through the window and decided to come in and socialize. It got LOUD and boisterous to say the least, with absolutely no mindfulness of the fact that my friend and I were in the midst of lunch. It was as if we did not exist.
After the intruders left, the manager -- and I'm sorry I did not get his name -- offered, unsolicited by us, to let us choose dessert and coffee or another drink "on the house" for tolerating the thoughtlessness on the part of the invaders. Wow, was I impressed. What a thoughtful gesture, and the fact that he noticed.
And, by the way, the lunch was great; plentiful and delicious, and at a very reasonable price. Murphy's is definitely the place if you are looking for great quality, good service, and a care-full management. In spite of the crowds of people in a college town, someone noticed and cared -- a blessing in our time. When in Hanover I will always choose Murphy's.