Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
The Wentworth(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotels.com
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$119
Travelocity
Nordic Village Resort(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$109
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$59
US$55
Attitash Mountain Village(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
US$99
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshistoric hotelgolf courserocking chairsfront porchbreakfast buffetnew englandping pongantique elevatorcreaky floorsold fashioneddining roomstep back in timeplay golftwo room suitewhite mountainsturn of the centurynorth conway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2011

My husband and I, along with my brother and his girlfriend stayed at the Eagle Mountain House this past weekend. I can not put into words how wonderful our stay was. The hotel is lovely and I loved the antique charm. We booked our stay through a different travel website, and did not know what to expect- We were very happy with the results. The staff was amazing, Gregory was very knowledgeable about the surroundings, and gave us great tips about where to go and what to do (as well as, to beep as you go through the Jackson red covered bridge!)...Thank you for a wonderful weekend! We had a blast!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We have stayed at Eagle Mountain House many times over the past 20 years and have always found it to be a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are always in excellent condition and the location is picture perfect.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I have travelled and stayed at several places in Jackson and have found that the Eagle Mountain House is perfect. Their employees are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. And the food is just great. We will definately be back again next year for our anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy R
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed at the Eagle Mountain House in Jackson, NH for two nights recently. I was in a superior room with a single queen bed on the first floor (M-9). To get to this room, you have to go out the front door of the lobby, walk down the porch and in another door to get to the room. You can go through the hotel, but it would involve two flights of stairs. So keep that in mind if you have lots of luggage and/or it’s the dead of winter.
The website says all rooms have four poster beds. My bed had a headboard and footboard; wouldn’t exactly call it a four poster. No view here. The room isn’t large by any means. I think two people in this room would be tight. The bathroom was a nice size with a full tub/shower. The TV gets about 60 cable channels and there is WIFI in the room. Despite keeping the thermostat cranked to 75 (the highest it will go), the room never got above 67. The room comes with a portable heater, but I didn’t use it. I took an extra blanket from a friend’s room and later found a blanket of my own in the armoire, along with an extra pillow. The bed was fairly comfy. The floors creak and I could hear the person upstairs walking around. There is no refrigerator, but you can rent one for $5 per day. You can rent a rollaway too for $10 per day, but I don’t know where you’d put it. There are no safes in the room, only at the front desk at no charge.
This place is OLD and creepy. Kept thinking about ‘The Shining’ as I explored this place. I checked out the women’s locker room and “fitness center.” They both need a major facelift. The locker room is lime green and the “fitness center” has a weight machine and two stationary bikes; all of which appear to be from the 1970’s. The hot tub is inside and didn’t smell that great. Didn’t see the pool. I think it was across the street by the golf course. I didn’t eat here because there is an automatic 18% gratuity added to the bill…what if the service wasn’t worth 18%?! Jackson is a very quaint town and would be a lovely place to visit as there is so much to do in the area, but I’d recommend checking out one of the other local accommodations.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2011

As we entered the lobby of the Eagle Mountain House, we stepped back in time -- old rugs, creaky floors, worn furniture, a wooden phone booth. We checked in, received our heavy metal room keys and waited for the ancient elevator to carry us and our luggage slowly to the second floor. We walked down a long, dimly-lit corridor, the floor creaking with every step, imagining ourselves in John Irving’s “The Hotel New Hampshire”.

But the room was a pleasant surprise. Though it faced another wing of the hotel rather than the mountain view, it was spacious and comfortably furnished, with an updated bathroom. Unfortunately, the bed wasn’t as comfortable as the rest of the room. It bounced and creaked each time either my husband or I turned, so we managed to wake each other several times in the night.

To use the coin-op laundry, we descended a flight of steep stairs from the lobby to the basement. We passed through a “game room” where almost every arcade-type game sported an “out of order” sign, a spa with an out-of-order jacuzzi and a gym that was probably installed in 1975 and never modernized. At least the one washer and dryer worked.

After long days of hiking, we decided to eat at the hotel on both nights of our stay. The hotel’s tavern, with a crackling fireplace, seemed more welcoming than the formal dining room next door -- and it offered both informal bar food and the fancier menu from the dining room. Stick with the hamburgers and fries; the more elaborate food was edible but so unmemorable I can’t remember what I ate.

The staff at both the front desk and the restaurants was friendly and helpful but seemed somewhat overwhelmed -- as if they worked in a cozy B & B that had suddenly grown into a large hotel. I wonder what it’s like in the busy season.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple