All reviews gas fireplace attached restaurant steak and seafood comfy chairs continental breakfast yogurt jacuzzi tub atlantic room allow dogs golden retriever beautiful room wonderful hotel relaxing stay can't wait to go back white mountains new hampshire gunstock mountain
Reviewed September 3, 2016

Spontaneity does not exist for me BUT... when our neighbors said they were heading up to NH for the night, and their favorite place to stay was the Opechee Inn, word of mouth and good company was all we needed.
Welcoming receptionist (Cathy) made sure our room was kid friendly (taking extra time to have the fireplace protected) and even shared FunSpot coupons while introducing us to the inn dog (Diamond... super sweet). Our room was big, bright and clean! Every amenity you could need and then some. My family and I have stayed at the Reef at the Atlantis as well as some of the nicest rooms within the Beaches resorts and I was blown away by the comfort and cleanliness of our space. Complimentary coffee and ice water available throughout they day was wonderful.... of course... I was expecting to just grab something "on-the-go" for dinner however, that was not at all necessary as there is an amazing restaurant attached to the facility. We were lucky enough to be able to sit outside while our kids enjoyed the front lawn, kids menu was extensive and the food and beverage selection was as if you were sitting in a Boston establishment. The scallops were perfection and the server was very accommodating for the kids and adults alike and lets just say, we cannot wait to go back. Simple, relaxing and everything you could need within 10 minutes of Weirs Beach and attractions. Hoping to visit again in the coming weeks!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

We took a ride up to this beautiful resort to eat in the hotel's restaurant. Although we did not stay in the hotel walking to the restroom we did notice a beautiful library overlooking the lake a pool table oh should I say billiards and a pool but the pool was covered over and closed maybe because it was August and an outdoor pool was open. We started with orange chicken as an appetizer they were at the fact 10 little pieces it was very tasty and we all enjoyed it it came with ginger and some sesame seaweed it was a big enough appetizer for three people. We all opted for salads as our entrées my husband and I had wedge salad with blue cheese dressing he added salmon and I added lobster salad both a very tasty my daughter had the Greek salad which was called a greenless Greek because it had no lettuce. She also added salmon you'll see that I've added pictures of all of our entrées the view was beautiful and it was a lovely afternoon. Oh I almost forgot about dessert we shared two. That was a big mistake we should've shared one but we couldn't decide between the fried Oreos which came with ice cream and a chocolate cake unfortunately we're still full several hours later but everything was delicious. By the way the bag you see in the picture is how they serve the bread steaming hot in a white paper bag.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lenoretrip
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I was looking for a long and relaxing weekend and I got that at the Lake Opechee Inn. The Inn was wonderful. From the moment we pulled up to the Inn we knew it was someplace very special. From he Lobby to the Room to the Restaurant everything was first class and still gave you the feeling of being in someone's home. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were very clean and the décor was beautiful. But it was the Quiet that I found to be the Most Amazing. We could sleep with the windows open at night and not hear a sound. Truly amazing to wake up with the sound of the loons on the lake...Truly a Wonderful experience!

Room tip: Lakeview rooms were wonderful. Well worth the price.
2  Thank LGguest2013
Reviewed August 17, 2016

My husband and I really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa. We knew we had picked the perfect place to stay as we walked up the lovely front entrance. Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable. We enjoyed a delicious dinner both nights at the O Steaks & Seafood Restaurant on premises. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Our goal was to relax and we met our goal. We recommend relaxing in an adirondack chair with a drink and lake view.

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed August 17, 2016

My husband and I have stayed here twice. Both times the service we received was friendly and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful. I recommend getting a room with a balcony. We stayed here when we got married. While I was getting ready the morning of the wedding the balcony in our room was great for pictures. When you stay I HIGHLY recommend going to O Steak and Seafood. Best restaurant I have ever been to. We go here every time we visit Laconia.

Room tip: If there are no rooms available online, call and ask.
Date of stay: July 2016