“Lovely place, decent staff”

and 1 more site!
Lancaster Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely place, decent staff”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed at the Lancaster Motor Inn on a trip to visit with a friend in the area. It was a rather nice experience - the staff was friendly and polite, and the location must be absolutely beautiful when everything really starts getting green. I'll definitely be staying here again. Looking forward to seeing what they do with their extra space, too.

Room Tip: It's a rather quiet setting. I live in the city, so it was a little quiet for my tastes. I had t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
lancmotorinn, Owner at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you Lin for your comments, please come again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Whitinsville, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were weary from traveling a long distance and my wife didn't feel very well after a difficult week. We were surprised to find this friendly, clean, motor inn as we drove into Lancaster, NH. We weren't expecting such a nice place for such a reasonable rate. We were able to pick up some supper near by at Shaw's and were all set. Thank you for your hospitality! We would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
lancmotorinn, Manager at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thanky for your recomendation and please visit us again
marshfield
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I was there for 7 days i checked into room 124 on the 4/10 the room was very nice and very well appointed.the front desk staff was so helpful in suggesting things to do.and at check in I forget the 2 woman at the desk but they made me feel very welcome. I will be coming back for sure later this summer.

Room Tip: I reqamaend room 124.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
We appreciate very much your business please come back again.
Surry
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The staff is attentive and friendly offering recommendations on places to eat and things to do while in the area. The rooms are clean and the price was right.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks, We just added a business center in the lobby.
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I had a wonderful time I was surprised how clean everything was for a motel. It is in a very safe environment. The staff are very friendly and offered places for me and my friends to go to.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Annak121
We try our best to keep our staff informative and very friendly. thank you very much
East Taunton
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I recently took my granddaughter for a trip to Santa's Village and booked 3 nights at this place. My first impression of the lobby was that it was old and smelled "funny". The room was no better. It felt and smelled unclean. Even though it was in the non smoking section, it smelled smoky. We had neighbors on one side of us that smoked out in front of their room till about 10 p.m. and started up again the next morning at 6 a.m., even though we were supposedly on the no smoking side. The mattresses were uncomfortable and we were near the road, so every time a truck drove by, it woke us up. The bathroom was ridiculously tiny with the shower so small that it was difficult to lift my arms to wash my hair. The toilet was wedged between the sink and the shower wall. The restaurant was not open, due to a medical emergency and there were only two other places to eat in town. Our first morning there, we were awakened by our noisy neighbors on the other side (hunters~yuch) who started their diesel truck outside our uninsulated window and ran the engine from 5:30 ~6, while trying to hook up their trailer, frequently yelling "Whoa, whoa". I had to argue to get out of the third night's stay. I think the room made my asthma worse. I ended up getting a $43 refund, but had already booked another room at another motel. Even my granddaughter was eager to leave that place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
lancmotorinn, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Motor Inn, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you very much and we welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us get better. You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feed back like yours, We changed our cleaning solutions to smell better, try to put non smoking guest far away from non smoking rooms, unfortunatly we can't control smokers to smoke outside their rooms. but well try to do a better job about it. we gave you back your full discounted third night, thank you very much
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I have stayed at the Lancaster Motor Inn a handful of times over the past seven years. The town is small and quiet, and is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to getting away from the city. The Inn is clean, and conveniently located in the center of town. The service was spot on. We had extra towels delivered to our door, and the fridge in our room really helped keep our cold cuts, snacks, and beverages cold. All of the rooms I have stayed in are clean and roomy. I usually travel with two-three friends, and we never had an issue with the space. I have used the Inn in the summer as a motorcycle rest-stop. In the winter I've utilized the Inn as my sledding and skiing rest stop. All-in-all the Lancaster Motor Inn is not the Ritz, but who wants the Ritz in Lancaster NH?!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
0.8 km away
34.8 km away
Town & Country Inn and Resort
10.4 km away
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Lancaster Motor Inn? Share your experiences!