“ups and downs”

Rodeway Inn Lincoln
Ranked #3 of 3 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Visited this hotel last weekend and felt disappointed. The rooms were spacious, but the towels were old and grungy. Better for rags!!! I asked for extra towels, but never received any. The bathroom was not very clean. I had to actually clean it myself to feel comfortable. The cost was high for a hotel in this condition. Breakfast very poor and the breakfast room held four people. Stairs very poorly lighted in the evening. I will not stay there again. And I am hesitant to book at rodeway Again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stcatharines65

Reviewed 16 July 2011

This is the second time staying here. The rooms have been done over from the previous Red Doors Inn. We had #107 1st floor double queen room. Everyone, this is a budget Inn so don't expect the Marriott. The pool was clean and very busy, Beds were more comfortable than some of the higher end Hotels I have stayed at. As far as we were concerned it was clean, did not see hairs or dirt or smell bad odors as mentioned in other comments. The word again is Budget.........expect no frills. The word again is Budget, not sure what people expected from this Inn, we'll return if we don't find ourselves at a Camp Ground in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Minuteman59
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Ditto to the review by Btaz262 of their stay on 6-14-2010. Could've written that myself! Black hairs everywhere, upon entering there was a dirty smell, linens were filthy. We obviously stayed in the same room....king bed with sofa. The sofa....forget it! Filthy, would not even put my stuff on it, let alone sit on it. No sheets for the sofa bed. We pulled the bed away from the wall to access the heater, and found so much junk on the carpet. Oh, the carpet, wouldn't dare walk barefoot on it. The one little pack of soap in the bathroom....the $.50 extra charge for another packet of coffee??? Oh my.
One reason I chose this motel was the photo online of the breakfast bar. The fresh fruit tray was so appealing. Well, guess what? The tray was there but it was empty! Frozen waffles, white bagels, cheerios and fruit loops....How nutritious is that? I ended up eating the HM granola I had brought with me, passing up the offerings of the FREE breakfast.
One reviewer claimed this motel to be their favorite in New England?? Another rated it as being extra CLEAN?? I pity these poor travelers.
On the plus side......
It WAS cheap, but not that cheap. AND...the shower water pressure was good! After a day of hiking in the freezing rain and wind, that's about the only PLUS for this place!

2  Thank kathi23
Reviewed 15 October 2010

This was one of the very few options left for us in the White mountain area by the time we booked because of the Columbus long weekend holiday. The rate we had to pay consideranbly exceeded what we had paid for far better accommodation during our road trip. Trying to move around in the breakfast space was a joke althought he breakfast itself was OK. The room was old and small but our biggest problem was the bed. It had some kind of plastic protector on the mattress making it extremely hot and uncomfortable.
The staff were friendly and helpful and if you were on a budget and paid a reasonable rate it would do the job but be warnewd it is basic.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

This is an older motel that was recently remodeled. Our room was very clean and spacious. You can generally have a room with either a small round table and chairs or an easy chair. Entire room was recently painted from top to bottom. Motel was quiet and we felt the mattresses were good. Baseboard water heat was a little hard to control with wall thermostat and it appears some of the perimeter baseboard heaters were controlled by the motel. Breakfast nook was very small and crowded. Don't sleep in late in the morning or the hot water may be more warm than hot. Motel is in an ideal location for touring the White Mountains. Fall colors were spectacular in the area.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

Stayed here for one night while biking in this area. Room was clean, but old. Tiniest little check-in room ever and not staffed all the time. Free Wifi worked sometimes and sometimes I had to go to the local McDonald's, which has free Wifi. Swimming pool was nice and properly kept up. Breakfast area was small also, however you could take your breakfast outside to one of the picnic tables. It is the cheapest (price wise) motel in this area, so if you don't mind a "no frills" motel, this will probably work for you. If you want more, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HOnestABE18
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I have worked for a Choice Hotel in the past, but now have my own business. I was very disappointed with my stay at this hotel. First it was not clean to my liking, the bed was comforable either. I couldnt believe that if you used all the coffee packages in the room, they charge you 50 cents for more. For the money this place charges, is too much to ask for and to charge for extra coffee is crazy. Im so glad to be back home. All I can say is Bad Choice Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple