“Indian Head....Below Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Indian Head....Below Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

For February vacation with my two young children I was looking for something to do (different). I receive regular emails from Indian Head Resort and thought the outdoor swimming in winter would be great. Booked one of the top rooms ($129), figured it was worth it with the lakeside view. My honest review on each category.

ROOM-Check in was smooth, once I entered room I was very disappointed. Room is run-down and picture on web-site is very deceiving. Resort pic makes it look very new and nice. What I received is a room that smelled (though it was a smoking room but there is no smoking at resort), just old and tired.

ROOM PRO's-50" Plasma LG TV is nice, good channel selection. Good bathroom size. View of mountains out back window. Christmas lights on pond behind resort (kids liked)

ROOM CON's-smell, furniture is very worn, room rug appears new, beds were uncomfortable, runway walk outside the room and upstairs was very loud. Kids were running by at 11pm-12am and it shook the entire room. People upstairs were very loud as well, don't think it is so much the people but more of the building. I compare it to living in a very old apartment building where you hear everything.

RESORT ITSELF-We went for the pool(s). After going into town for dinner (restaurant is very pricey) we returned to go swimming. We first went outside in the heated pool. I have swam in other outdoor pools in the past and this one in the summer before. The temp outside was about 30-35 degrees...the water was warmer but not warm enough to really enjoy. We swam for about 15-20min outdoors and went inside. Overall I was disappointed in how the outdoor pool was not that warm...espicially with this being the reason we stayed here in the first place. Inside pool was adequate for my kids, also an adjacent hot tub. Resort supplies towels which is nice with a bathroom/changing area right there. Kids enjoyed themselves in the pool.

Afterwards we saw there was kids karaoke in one of the rooms and also a live singer in the lounge. Lounge was not really adult relax time as there were a lot of children in the bar area, not a big deal to me but thought I should mention. We stayed here a couple of years ago in the summer and the resort does do some fun activities for the children around 7-8pm.

OVERALL-Bottom line is my kids were happy and we did enjoy the pool. From my stand-point I thought the rooms were going to be much nicer than they were...this is a 1-2 star motel at best. The Indian Head is not for everyone. If I return to Lincoln I will stay at the newer Comfort Inn, be closer to town and pay less.

I gave Indian Head a second chance after my cabin stay in July 2010. I was more disappointed with my room than with the cabin. Not sure I would recommend to anyone based on the rooms as you need a room to use the facilities. Several hotels in town closer to attractions that are much better and cost a lot less.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank NEFANMAN

Goffstown, New Hampshire
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Great Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Super accomidations, great scenery. Cabins as well as motel accomidations. Packages also include meals. Inside and outside pools.

Visited January 2012
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“They know how to have fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Great shows, good food, fun times. Many bus and family groups enjoy the resort and the sheer beauty of the area. I think this resorts really tries to keep things fresh and updated.

Hartfield, Virginia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

If you feel like climbing up about a 100 ft. fire tower for a better view, then this is your thing, not mine.

Visited June 2011
Graham, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great hike with an amazing view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

This was a tough hike with lots of roots and rocks. We hiked it after a lot of rain so it was a bit slippery. It is 1.8 miles uphill over rugged terrain but when you see the view at the top you forget how tough the climb up was!! If you are in the area don't miss it! Trailhead is right across from the Indian Head Resort.

Visited August 2011