“perfect weekend!! stayed 12-2-11 brookside cabin”
Review of Rustic Log Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Rustic Log Cabins
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I surprised my partner with a weekend away and asked her to marry me in this gorgeous rustic cabin--she had NO idea until we arrived 3 hours later!! It was truly the most amazing weekend ever! We did nothing but sit and enjoy each others company--NO interuptions. so very romantic and I am not a cabin person at all--totally fell in love with this place.

We stayed in the Brookside cabin which is 2 cabins they renovated into one. It was beautiful. This is the only cabin with a jacuzzi tub and we realxed by candlelight and soft music playing!

HUGE king size bed in one room and I think a full in the other although we didnt need or use the second bedroom. Kitchen is fully stocked with anything you may need!! I packed food for the whole weekend.

We did have some cell service by the front door inside the cabin so we were not completely cut off from everyone (which was good because she was happy to be able to tell some people about our engagement!)

One thing which was a must for us was a little propane torch to light the fire. We would have been there all night trying to get that thing going with the wood.

Owners were wonderful people. When bringing us more wood they noticed we had my fiancee's roses in a glass...she sent her husband back with a vase for us!! Super sweet and very friendly!!

It is right on the street which can be a draw back in the summer if you have the windows open and may hear the traffic going by at 50mph but I felt a little safer being on the street than somewhere deep in the woods!!

Absolutely cannot wait to go back in the summer on the motorcycle to get lost on the BEAUTIFUL winding streets. Also already booked our weekend for next year to celebrate our one year engagement!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jackie D

Reviewed 9 December 2011

My wife and I have stayed here many times and are planning a New Years Eve trip this year!

No TV's in room - perfect for a romantic weekend or getaway.

Wood burning fireplace was just what was expected and they supplied lots of wood and were very kind when we requested more.

From start to finish, was a great location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NHMac
Reviewed 31 October 2011

What a wonderful time we had, romantic, private (we had cabin 7) and just a beautiful area.
The owners were great, very helpful. I can't wait until we can go again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Our 5 days were perfect! This location was ideal for all our hiking and sightseeing treks in the White Mountains. Our cabin was quiet and comfortable, besides just cozy, charming and clean.
Emile and Alana were friendly and accomodating for our entire stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2011Bean
Reviewed 14 August 2011

A perfect get-away! The log cabins are certainly "rustic" but comfortable. The cleanliness, plenty of hot water, babbling brook, and the freshly aired sheets on the bed were perfect! No cell phone, no emails - a great way to get away from the hectic life we wanted to leave behind. Our two night stay was not long enough - we'll DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We're both disabled seniors, married 5 years and were on our first honeymoon. We stepped into Cabin #5 (which I'v dubbed 'Linger Longer') and we were transformed. Relaxed, mellow, happy, content. Small and rustic, yes, but Alana and Emile have included things you don't get in a 1st class motel - lightly scented percale sheets (in pastel blue!), a full 10-cup coffee pot, double ply and SOFT toilet tissue. As hosts they were warm and friendly, but not 'pushy and Oakley, their collie, was a perfect gentleman! Through my many years I've had many vacations and travels, (Hawaii, Mexico, beaches and mountains) but none have left me with such peace and tranquility. Thanks, A & E, we'll be back 'home' again asap!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladyvet47
Reviewed 9 January 2011

We - my husband, myself, 3 teenagers, and my mother - stayed 2 nights at Rustic Log Cabins, and my only complaint is that we didn't stay longer. The location was great for our trip - some of us skiied on Cannon Mtn one day, some of us browsed through the local shops, we were close to restaurants, and the scenery in the area is picture-postcard perfect. It was my mother's first winter trip to New England, and it couldn't have been a more perfect setting.
The cabins were cozy, well-stocked for fires in the fireplace, and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms are not luxurious - but it's a rustic cabin!
We saw some comments posted previously about a sulfur smell to the water - we noticed it faintly, but for drinking purposes it is fine if the tap runs for just a minute first. That was a non-issue for our drinking, coffee, and cocoa purposes.
I would most definitely go there again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank girleditor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
9.8 km away
6.0 km away
Sugar Hill Inn
Sugar Hill Inn
#2 of 4 in Sugar Hill

Been to Rustic Log Cabins? Share your experiences!