“decent fare in a bar”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2017

We were there on a very quiet night. The only thing loud was the bar to which the restaurant was attached. Had the special which was mixed grille and it and the service were fine. It's just not a very uplifting place.

1  Thank stone2

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

These were the best scallops I have ever had. Maple bacon Scallops, oh my! I also had the Bloody Mary. If it wasn't as good as I remember from last visit it was better!

2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed July 11, 2017

After a hike up and down Mount Tecumseh we settled on Grill One Eleven as a reliable place to have a post hike dinner. My friends ordered the Italian dishes and also the salmon. I had some questions for the waiter about the scallops. Some restaurants can be a little skimpy on the scallops and it's not really a full meal and other restaurants put out a nice plate with large scallops. I was told by the waiter that there would be 5 scallops in the entree for $25.
So, we've eaten here before but the restaurant and Thayer Hotel are now under new management. Though our server was good, they must have been training staff the night we were there because we must have had 3 different waiters coming by in rotating turns interrupting the meal to constantly ask if we needed more water!
I told our waiter, "great, I'll have the scallops", expecting 5 medium-to-large sized scallops for a $25 dollar entree. What came out of the kitchen was FOUR medium-to-SMALL sized scallops in a sauce with crackers sprinkled on top. It looked kind of pathetic for a main entree. (see size of dish in pic)
Upon calling the waiter's attention to the fact that there were only FOUR scallops not the five he promised were in the dish, he immediately went to the kitchen and brought out two more - in an entirely different sauce!
My friend's Italian meals and salmon looked good, to their credit. But I would recommend anyone visiting Grill One Eleven not to expect much of an entree. You will probably be served the same small dish of four or maybe five medium to small sized scallops with cracker crumbs on top.
Choose some other more "grill-type" fare. That is what they do well here.

1  Thank SpinedocBoston
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Went here because there was a wait at another restaurant.....pleasantly surprised. Delicious, fresh food. Attentive service. Great specials. Reasonable prices. Will definitely go back.

2  Thank ZCC76
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Our experience here was very different from the reviews. We found the service attentive, and the food good. My cousin and I had the salmon, and her husband had the Chicken Parm Sandwich - both were great. My husband really enjoyed his seafood casserole and my son his usual burger. The beer list was a little limited. We found the place had a nice atmosphere. We'd be back.

2  Thank newjerseyfamily