“Good Chinese and Japanese food”

Jay House Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 67 Restaurants in Londonderry
Reviewed January 20, 2016

The food here is real good. The Sushi was very fresh, Vegetable rice noodleswere really good, the best around the area. We tried the Fire Mountain roll that was suggested and it was very good. Everything was served quickly, but the female server was bad. She could careless about taking care of you, but on the other hand, the male server went out of his way to make sure everything was good. The prices here are good. We had the rice noodles,1 order of miso soup, the fire mountain roll, catapillar roll, eel roll and spicy tuna roll, two teas for $49.00 w/ tax, thats not bad.

UPDATE: The female server has left, yeah. The new staff is great, they are very polite and aim to please. They have a young gentleman and young lady now. They check on you to make sure you have what you need. Giant difference in atmosphere here now, you actually want to come in.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed October 17, 2015

My family eats take out from this restaurant at least once every two weeks. My daughter always craves chinese so we go here because its close and there are no other better Chinese options in Town. Food is consistent, wife says the sushi is good. I like Chinese but I always regret eating it, makes me like crap. They have been in the same spot now for several years so they must be doing something right. I recommend driving 20 minutes north to Schezuan House in Manchester (Valley St., near Gill Stadium?), much better food.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed March 30, 2015

My wife and I are huge Chinese food fans, and make it a point to try our favorite dishes from any new restaurant in the area and come up with comparisons. Somehow, we missed this place which is quietly located in a strip mall in Londonderry. We recently tried it and have mixed results. Here's what we thought based on our sampling:

egg rolls - excellent
beef teriyaki - skimpy, over marinated
boneless ribs - small pieces, the order we got tasted reheated
chow mein - average
fried rice - flavorful, but average
all the chicken dishes we have tried - EXCELLENT, particularly chicken with garlic sauce & eggplant, and house special ginger chicken
szechuan spiced shrimp _ EXCELLENT
pepper steak - above average

The dishes rated as excellent would rival any from any restaurant in the area, including the upper scale Lilac Blossom. They were expertly prepared and delicately flavored. Absolute top shelf.
As is the case anywhere, it depends upon what you order, as some restaurants are better @ certain dishes then others. When this place gets it right, there's nothing better. If you are a fan of entrees with mixed veggies, try out your favorites. Chances are you'll find them to be great

Date of visit: February 2015
1  Thank jm03087
Reviewed February 28, 2015

This was my favorite Chinese restaurant... The food tasted like it had been reheated on the plate. My server was more concerned with a table that had 4 people. Try the Super Wok..

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Family loves the sushi I liked the food...Nice people remember their guests. Drinks are good, very busy New Years Eve. Small but also has a sit at sushi bar.

Date of visit: November 2013