“Rustic but comfortable and a clean pond for swimming”
Review of Loch Lyme Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyme
Loch Lyme Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Lyme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Lyme, NH is in a quiet area, perfect for a peaceful and rustic getaway. The pond is very clean and home to loons! The breakfast is hearty and a notch above basic, and Loch Lyme's Sunday evening buffet dinner is very nice and a good value. The cabins are rustic, with working fireplaces. The staff are very responsive and friendly. This kind of rustic place is not for everyone, but for those who seek a peaceful setting, Loch Lyme is terrific.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bea0101

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was looking for a dog friendly getaway. Just wanted a simple cabin by a lake. The cabin was larger and nicer than the pictures, very clean and well stocked with silverware, pots and dishes. Very well maintained. The bed was very comfortable and our dog was welcomed everywhere. The dog beach was nice, I was able to swim with him. Family friendly but secluded enough for couples. Great value!!! WE stayed in Pine and Pop'lwood and we had wonderful lake views.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelsWithDogsNY
Reviewed 6 February 2011

When we discussed our wedding plans we decided on a fun rustic family oriented weekend getaway as our wedding theme. We wanted to forget the cookie cutter wedding craziness and have a wedding that means having a good time with close friends and family. One where you could be outside, sit by a fire, play music and laugh till dawn, be active doing things like hiking or kayak, pull together a family softball game and set off fireworks all night long. This was our wedding dream and it all came true due to the beautiful venue we selected of Loch Lyme. We could not be happier with our choice. The cabins were perfect, the lake crystal clear and the sounds of the loons singing into the dusk made my heart fly! Comfortable beds, large bathrooms, fireplaces with plenty of stocked wood, linens, fully equiped kitchens and much more made the stay in them warm and inviting. The staff was attentive and always friendly, eager to help make our stay more enjoyable. They provided great service to our guests during meals and kept us comfortable on those cold September nights. Patrick our chef had a fantastic grasp of the meal we wanted to provide our guests. He sought out our opinion and brought our ideas to light. The food was absolutely delicious. The prime rib was mouth watering and the chicken was stuffed to perfection with blue cheese, apples and walnuts. All the vegetables for the meal were grown on site by a fantastic gardener and really held to our eco mindset. The meal was beyond our expectations. Everyone raved at how good the reception dinner was. The caretakers Jay and Amy made us feel like part of their family. Their easy going manner and laid back attitude was just what the doctor ordered during our wedding. When things could have been stressful they would graciously say "no problem". Often times these are just words but with the folks at Loch Lyme Lodge it was really "no problem". When the day of our wedding came we were ready and that was because of all their help. To this day I have people tell us how much they enjoyed their stay at the Loch Lyme Lodge. That is in no small part to the hospitality and friendship Jay and Amy showed all of us. Because of the way they treated us and our guests we will always make your Lodge a must stop for a summer getaway. Thank you all for such a great time. Our wedding is my most cherished memory and we owe you all a great debt of gratitude for making our wedding a success!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mimik11
Reviewed 27 June 2010

When I made arrangements to pick up a new truck at Gerrish Honda, the date coincided with my wife and I’s eleventh wedding anniversary. Loch Lyme Lodge and cabins were suggested by sales person when I asked about any cabins by a lake for rent. I went to the web site (http://www.lochlymelodge.com/) and knew that would be the place to spend some relaxing time with my wife.
When I call to check availability I spoke directly to the host Amy Kelly. One cabin available, Good, I’ll take it. Amy said if there is anything I can do to make your stay better let me know. After some time, I called back with a few special requests, Amy agreed.
Now I just had to get my wife there without letting on. I had to coax her a little, she is not very spontaneous. When we arrived I was met by Amy. She had one more detail of my request to accomplish. I checked in with Jay as she sprang into action.
When my wife and I entered the cabin and saw the flowers, cookies, Bailey’s, and bath soap, (all her favs) she was extremely pleased. We had a great time relaxing by the lake, getting cozy in front of the fireplace in the cabin. The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast. The fresh mint was en excellent touch. More relaxing by the lake, Loons, calm waters, and beach, then we had to get back to the real world.
All of my expectations were exceeded. For the age, the rustic cottages and Lodge, were well maintained. All of the staff was friendly and attentive. Amy and Jay did a great job ensuring we had a pleasant stay. I would definitely recommend Loch Lyme Lodge and Cabins to anyone looking for relaxing rustic comfort.
Thanks Amy and Jay

Don and Patty Dubie

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DSRVTer
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Loch Lyme Lodge is a great family vacation. We have been coming annually for nine years. My teen-aged boys love it and love hanging out with the other kids here (many of whom have been coming for years but newcomers are always welcome). The innkeepers are always responsive. The environment is beautiful and there are always fun things to do, at Loch Lyme Lodge and in the area. One word of caution: This is not a luxury resort. The cabins all have wood-burning fireplaces and are comfortable but rustic. We wouldn't miss our annual Loch Lyme Lodge vacation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tampajd
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Gorgeous setting. The staff and managers were just a pleasure to deal with - helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. We will plan on visiting Loch Lyme Lodge again. A very enjoyable experience for our whole family.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Demaeve
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I stayed for two nights recently at Loch Lyme Lodge and was pleasantly surprised by the combination of down-home friendliness and up-to-date, professionally run hospitality. I was traveling on my own and had to work much of the day in Hanover, but treated myself to an afternoon break to hang out at the pond. In the early evening I returned to to have a scrumptious dinner and retire to a comfortable, cozy, quiet cabin. All in all, the accomodations are a delightful mix of rustic luxury. I understand that they host Sunday brunches with jazz and blues live music. Wish I could attend! In general, I would definitely return to stay there again, next time with family or friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank CorporateBoard

Been to Loch Lyme Lodge? Share your experiences!