“The best nachos! ”

Ranked #30 of 409 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Following the success of T-BONES, the first Cactus Jack's opened in 1995 in Manchester. In 2007, the Laconia location became New Hampshire's first dual casual dining concept - with both Cactus Jack's and T-BONES - on Lake Winnipesaukee. While it keeps up the tradition of "homemade" dishes, the look and menu at CJ's has its own style. Attentive servers are always ready to serve guests authentic Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Cajun, and barbecue dishes that are unmatched in New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here for years now and finally decided to write a review. They are consistently good. They have a wide variety of food on the menu. Our favorites over the years are the nachos and we add chicken to them. These are by far the best nachos we have ever had in the area as well as places we have traveled. They have a lot of flavor. The small is enough for two to share as a meal with the chicken. We also enjoy their salads and their blackened chicken and salmon. Our children really like their burgers and chicken fingers as well. The service is great. We have seen many of the same servers from several years ago which is a sign of a great establishment. They have a nice outdoor seating area and plenty of seating within the bar area as well as a large dining area. If anything else go for the nachos alone! You'll return.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We loved the southwestern atmosphere the moment we walked in. The menu is vied to please all tastes. I ordered a taco salad served in a taco bowl rich with guacamole, beef, sour cream. Yummy.
Another diner order a lobster roll from the summer specials menu. It was filled with lobster meat enough to satisfy any hungry diner.
Our friend ordered the Mahi-Mahi skewers which she raved about.
This is definitely a restaurant we'll return to.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We go to CJ's just about every week and it is consistently good. Generally I would have a burger or the blackened catfish which is always delicious. On this visit I had the South Atlantic Shrimp Basket which is on the special summer menu and those shrimp were fantastic! It is sometimes a little louder than I would like. The chips and salsa are ridiculously expensive since they should be free but get the smoked salsa and you won't regret it!

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

The service is always good here. We started with a choice of 4 dips: espinaca, smoked salsa, spinach and artichoke and guacamole. Espinaca has been our long time favorite, my teen really liked the smoked salsa but the guacamole had no flavor--just tasted like an avocado. We did not like the spinach and artichoke. My teen gets BBQ something at EVERY restaurant (ugg). She said the BBQ pulled pork had no real BBQ flavor. She ended throwing salsa on it and then ketchup. The CBC roll up was good. We loved the sweet potato fries and regular fries. The service is always very good and friendly. It is not cheap and I do not think the chef skills warrant the prices.

Amy C, Social Media Relations Representative at Cactus Jack's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to our Manchester location. I am happy to hear you have always enjoyed the service in our restaurant, but it is disappointing to hear that, for you, the food hasn't lived up to the standards we pride ourselves on.

I will be sharing your feedback with the Head Kitchen Manager and Head Dining Room Manager of this location, so they may improve upon your experiences. In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you would reach out to me directly at amy.czyzewski@go2cjs.com so I may invite you back. I am confident that this experience is not the norm for our guests and love the opportunity to show you that.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Amy Czyzewski
Social Media Relations Representative
T-BONES - Cactus Jack's - Copper Door
Great NH Restaurants

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Nice atmosphere for southwest restaurant. Our waiter left a lot to be desired. Our group ordered appetizers to share he didn't bring any extra plates to eat it on. Even after we asked for some still never got them and no apology for not bringing them. I specially ordered chicken enchilada with no onions or peppers on or in my food. I asked for a cheese sauce over enchilada. When my plate came everything was covered in onions and the cheese sauce was loaded with jalapeños
When I brought it to his attention he said well I couldn't remove the peppers from the sauce. So I said then why didn't u tell me that it had peppers in it to save me the hasle of scraping it all off of my food. I was still charged for the cheese. And my entire plate was covered in onions over all the food. Obviously he didn't listen when I said no onions or peppers in or on my plate. I can't eat them. He didn't listen and appeared to be having problems keeping up with his orders. Certainly couldn't keep them straight

Amy C, Social Media Relations Representative at Cactus Jack's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience in our restaurant. We strive to give the best in both food and service, and it is disconcerting to hear that the service fell short of this.

I would appreciate it if you would reach out to me directly at amy.czyzewski@go2cjs.com with any more details about your visit such as your server's name, or time of visit, so that we may coach and correct to make sure this experience does not happen again. I have already shared your feedback with the Head Dining Room manager of this location to get the ball started.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and allow us the chance to improve upon it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Amy Czyzewski