“Cactus Jacks”

Ranked #20 of 426 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Following the success of T-BONES, the first Cactus Jack's opened in 1995 in Manchester. In 2007, the Laconia location became New Hampshire's first dual casual dining concept - with both Cactus Jack's and T-BONES - on Lake Winnipesaukee. While it keeps up the tradition of "homemade" dishes, the look and menu at CJ's has its own style. Attentive servers are always ready to serve guests authentic Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Cajun, and barbecue dishes that are unmatched in New Hampshire
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Awesome ribs, pleasant atmosphere, The place is clean, friendly and perfect for the family Great choice of food We love the Nachos appetizer and the rack of ribs, Best ribs around

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here for years now and finally decided to write a review. They are consistently good. They have a wide variety of food on the menu. Our favorites over the years are the nachos and we add chicken to them. These are by far the best nachos we have ever had in the area as well as places we have traveled. They have a lot of flavor. The small is enough for two to share as a meal with the chicken. We also enjoy their salads and their blackened chicken and salmon. Our children really like their burgers and chicken fingers as well. The service is great. We have seen many of the same servers from several years ago which is a sign of a great establishment. They have a nice outdoor seating area and plenty of seating within the bar area as well as a large dining area. If anything else go for the nachos alone! You'll return.

Reviewed July 30, 2016

We loved the southwestern atmosphere the moment we walked in. The menu is vied to please all tastes. I ordered a taco salad served in a taco bowl rich with guacamole, beef, sour cream. Yummy.
Another diner order a lobster roll from the summer specials menu. It was filled with lobster meat enough to satisfy any hungry diner.
Our friend ordered the Mahi-Mahi skewers which she raved about.
This is definitely a restaurant we'll return to.

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

We go to CJ's just about every week and it is consistently good. Generally I would have a burger or the blackened catfish which is always delicious. On this visit I had the South Atlantic Shrimp Basket which is on the special summer menu and those shrimp were fantastic! It is sometimes a little louder than I would like. The chips and salsa are ridiculously expensive since they should be free but get the smoked salsa and you won't regret it!

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

The service is always good here. We started with a choice of 4 dips: espinaca, smoked salsa, spinach and artichoke and guacamole. Espinaca has been our long time favorite, my teen really liked the smoked salsa but the guacamole had no flavor--just tasted like an avocado. We did not like the spinach and artichoke. My teen gets BBQ something at EVERY restaurant (ugg). She said the BBQ pulled pork had no real BBQ flavor. She ended throwing salsa on it and then ketchup. The CBC roll up was good. We loved the sweet potato fries and regular fries. The service is always very good and friendly. It is not cheap and I do not think the chef skills warrant the prices.

Amy C, Social Media Relations Representative at CJ's Great West Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to our Manchester location. I am happy to hear you have always enjoyed the service in our restaurant, but it is disappointing to hear that, for you, the food hasn't lived up to the standards we pride ourselves on.

I will be sharing your feedback with the Head Kitchen Manager and Head Dining Room Manager of this location, so they may improve upon your experiences. In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you would reach out to me directly at amy.czyzewski@go2cjs.com so I may invite you back. I am confident that this experience is not the norm for our guests and love the opportunity to show you that.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Amy Czyzewski