“Fun atmosphere, Good food, Good service”

British Beer Company
Ranked #14 of 426 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed January 17, 2017

My first visit. I really enjoyed this restaurant. The beer is cold and good. The menu has plenty of offerings. The service is friendly. Even turning up the heat because we were all cold sitting by a big window. There is a fireplace if you're fortunate enough to sit there. I had chicken pot pie. There was four in our party. Everyone enjoyed their beverages and meals. The servings are generous. Prices are good. It is a little noisy. Pub atmosphere. There were some semi enclosed booths below where we were seating. May be quieter there. I would recommend and would enjoy going back.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

A recent lunch time visit to this busy pub restaurant was very pleasant despite the fairly loud and unnecessary background 'music'. There are tables and booths around the perimeter of the place as well as a large bar with seats all around serving drinks and food too. The selection of draught beers is incredible and our waiter was able to tell me a little about some beers I had never heard of. Big portions of food were brought out quickly after ordering and the helpful waiter came back a few times to check up on us. Priced reasonably for this kind of establishment - don't expect fine dining. Clean bathrooms and ample parking as in large strip mall right on South Willow Street. We will return if only for the perfect Angus burgers!

Reviewed November 26, 2016

While visiting my son in NH, he suggested that we go to this restaurant. This has been his favorite for years. My wife and I have gone there several times before with good reviews. This time it was different. The atmosphere was dated and the service was very slow. The food was served hot but we were not served together. Refills on drinks was also slow. The restaurant was busy but it was not bustling. It appeared they were short staffed and trying to do their best. All of the soup dishes were great including the chili. My wife was missing her bacon that she ordered on top of her macaroni and cheese dish. The fish and chips were good so was the sausage dish. In short, it was disappointing to revisit an establishment, which we trusted to provide a good atmosphere, great service, and remarkable food. Maybe better next time.....

Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

There were 6 of us for an early dinner on Black Friday. Table was in the corner of the room which was nice.

Appetizers were $5 for happy hour - we ordered sausage rolls, humus, and wings for an appetizer. All were delicious.

We ordered dinner - shepherds pie was delicious and tasty. Fish and chips were a huge portion size and tasty. Reuben was good.

Service and staff were friendly, would recommend.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Had some drinks with my brother here since he works nearby. Nice place. They made a good Captain and coke. We sat at the bar and just got drinks, so I cannot say much about the food, though the other people at the bar eating seemed pleased. Music was a bit loud, and not really my taste.