“Favorite for fried seafood and ice cream”

Goldenrod Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed January 15, 2017

I worked on call one Saturday and a patient's family asked if my husband would have dinner ready when I got home after 7 pm. I told them no, since I lived so far away I had plans to go to Goldenrod's to get a clam wrap. They asked if I always go there and I told them that tonight and the next night it would be my dinner choice. I love seafood and they fry it up so well. Always fresh and crisp. Never greasy. I got to Goldenrods and one of the people there knew me and told me to hang on as I ordered a clam wrap. Someone else came to the counter and I was told that as a thank you from a patient's family, they had stopped by and paid for my clam wrap! It comes with finely chopped cabbage coleslaw and either tartar sauce or cocktail sauce. You order at the counter and pay at that time. They call your number and you go get it. More than a dozen tables and booths. You can buy their ice cream hand packed or machine packed to go. Plenty of parking- not far from Route 101 exit. My favorite place!

1  Thank Clarice G

Reviewed November 14, 2016

I've been going here for a couple of years now. My family is constantly in search of the perfect seafood and this is as close as we've come, even in comparison to Maine or NH coastal seafood restaurants. Batter is perfectly crispy and light; shrimp are huge and succulent; scallops, clams, haddock, perfect! Onion rings fresh and delicious. The only thing I don't care much for are the fries but most seafood restaurants have fries like this. Just kind of average. Also, ice cream is perfection. Love, love, love it!

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Loud, comfortable, affordable, and simple. A perfect place for an easy, delicious meal. Don't forget the locally made ice cream for dessert!

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

I first went here as a child in the 1960's.
I had my first hot dog and onion rings here then. Guess what I ordered again this week! Always good food whether you want fried items or ice cream. Used to live exactly 1 mile away and ice cream at the half way mark on a 2 mile walk was always a treat. Live an hour away now but always find a way to stop here when I am in Manchester.

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here one Tuesday after finding out they had a car show every Tuesday night. They were reasonably priced and the food was phenomenal! Definitely stop on a Tuesday night to check out the car show!