“One of the best meals of my entire life!”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #45 of 424 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 15, 2015

We have gone to El Jimador several times, but today my wife and I decided to order El Molcajete. It was one of the best meals of my entire life. No exaggerating. I very rarely write reviews, but here I am. It was an emotional experience for me, it was that good.

All the food is really good. Their salsa is top notch as well. Definitely worth a visit! Best Mexican food in the area, and the prices are extremely reasonable.

2  Thank Craig W

Reviewed July 26, 2015

Tried El Jimador because of the Tripadvisor rating and the fact that we were traveling with three boys aged 10-14 and real fine dining was not an option. We were not disappointed. As nearly everyone with culinary experience notes, finding good Mexican fare in New England can be challenging. El Jimador will do.

The chips were fresh and tasty, the salsa excellent - had sufficient cilantro and a spicy kick. Broad menu, with many selections of meat, seafood, traditionals and fajitas. They also offer a number of top-quality tequilas at the bar.

I ordered a margarita. My tastes are simple - I want a top-shelf tequila with a fresh sour mix (preferably fresh-squeezed lemon and lime juices) shaken with ice and served straight up with no salt. Most higher-level Mexican bars have lists that address this - "premium," "Cadillac," and "ultimate" versions, for example. El Jimador is more open-ended. You pick your tequila, then say how you want it. Sounds good, but does not work all that well unless you are prepared for that. They do not have a "straight up" glass, so my drink was served in a rocks glass and thus looked like half a drink. I would urge them to try offering a few pre-planned premium margaritas and expand their glassware.

Dinners were quite good and very reasonably priced. I had "sizzling steak and shrimp," which was a thin but tender ribeye with six plump, moist shrimp served on a sizzling fajita platter on a bed of yellow, green and red peppers and onions. It was excellent. My son had a good carne asada, my wife a nice combo, the ten year old a beef taco and quesadilla from the children's menu. Nice job.

Service is very friendly and attentive, the decor colorful, the place very clean.

2  Thank whaleboy1
Reviewed July 5, 2015

You would never expect to find such high quality Mexican food in Manchester NH but here it is. Service was efficient and friendly. Restaurant is very clean. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

Very good food with nice presentation. Great prices. Paid lots more elsewhere for smaller portions. Very clean, staff friendly.

Reviewed May 10, 2015 via mobile

I liked the food there so much I went there a couple of times. I tried tacos de carne asada and steak chimichanga. Both were great, my colleagues order different food and were also very pleased with it, you will not be dissapointed!

Been to El Jimador? Share your experiences!