“Absolutely outstanding dinner”

Hanover Street Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hanover Street Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 409 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$24 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pine Street
Description: We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Well, as a very discriminating diner, who enjoys restaurant dining several times a week anywhere from Boston to Newcastle, NH, I thought I'd seen everything that is worthwhile in Manchester. I was wrong. I finally got over to the Hanover St Chophouse and was totally and completely impressed with just about everything. The menu, the upscale, yet rustic decor, the atmosphere, and the service. We were there for about four hours and ordered several bottles of high end champagne, many exquisite appetizers, and the 'best of the best' in entrees. We spent a fortune and I'll tell you, it was worth every penny. So, I'm a bit fussy and do enjoy the finer things - beautiful dining experiences are high on my list of the "finer things." It was a midweek evening dinner and the restaurant was only moderately busy. The only concern that I had with Chophouse was that we both noticed toward the end of a very expensive but VERY enjoyable dining extravaganza.....the hostess, and some tall impressive looking fellow walking around in a suit (rumor had it, he may be an owner/manager) seemed to be occassionally pacing around, giving us (and the people at a table near to us) the distinct feeling that it was time to 'wrap it up.' Then, the valet person, who I had given a large sum of money to upon my very arrival, (of note; it is touted as complimentary valet) came in to the dining area, approached the table and said 'We have got your car running in front of the entrance, and just because we will be closing soon, I wanted to give you your keys." The only person who did not give one ounce of that 'please finish it up' feeling...... was our server, Amit. Absolutely perfect, professional service and he the epitome of what is expected in fine dining. He was well-spoken, knowledgable and very polite....he was also very interesting. He knew the menu well, and we shared back and forth important details and histories of a few champagnes and cuisines, and his timing, service and tolerance of a long, but wonderful overall dining experience was impressive. My dining partner and I Thank you very much, Amit. I will see you again at Chophouse. Might I suggest to readers some of the standout dishes we enjoyed.....the crab cocktail, a perfect filet Mignon, the jumbo lump crab and lobster tail as an entree, bacon wrapped seared scallops, several salads, crab cakes, and three scrumptious desserts that should make any pastry/dessert specialist proud. I can't figure out how it is that I took so long to visit Hanover Street Chophouse, but intend to return very soon, to once again experience all that has to offer.

1  Thank Dja D

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Great steaks, cooked to perfection. Beautifully made Caesar salad....garlic and sour cream mashed potatoes...steamed veggies.....a great pour of wine.....awesome bread.....cheesecake to die for. What else do you need? Oh, excellent service....that too. This is the full package folks....don't miss it.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Great great service. Thank you Meaghan. Chopped Greek salad great. Best creamed spinach. Bone in filet to kill for. I would get rid of pumpkin crime bruele and add a different flavor. Over all a great night out As MacArthur said we shall return

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Wow! Not in the best location but clearly the finest restaurant in Manchester and perhaps all of New Hampshire. Extremely friendly and attentive service coupled with mouth watering and delectable food make this the real thing. Great, great, and even greater. The owner even stopped by to day hello during our meal. What a tremendous experience!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This was our second or third visit or Hanover Street Chophouse, and it was as good as ever. My family (six adults) appreciates the quality service and their more than above average food. Our server, Agatha, was first class.