“Can't miss destination”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I discovered this place last fall when we were in the area for a wedding. Therefore when we came back this summer for a long weekend camping trip we had to go back. The interior looks like a living room out of a magazine. ...warm and inviting just like the food. They make excellent coffee and their food is delish!

2  Thank vermonter2100

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We purchased bagels and coffee to take back to our house. The waitstaff was very friendly and efficient. The location was convenient (right in town). They had a great menu that I intended to go back and try but I never had the opportunity. (The coffee and bagels were great!)

1  Thank SueP413
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Lots to choose from. Take out or stay in. Breakfast or lunch. Many bagel sandwiches, yogurts, granola, baked goods. Was great to bring back to the room and have a bite to eat without spending a fortune and very convenient to the Mill at the Falls.

1  Thank CarrieM525
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We decided to have coffee away from the town centre and came across Kara's enticed in by the thought of fresh cake. We weren't disappointed. So if you're in Meredith, look for Kara's and the pumpkin scone

1  Thank Gulliva
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The s.o. and I were staying in the area and it was a rainy day so we stopped in to Kara's for a snack and a coffee. Meredith is a quaint town and Kara's fits in. The atmosphere is cozy with the real wood beams above and the fireplace, wood floors, and sofas.

The s.o. and I split a quiche and we both had a latte and a desert. The quiche had onions and I am not much or an onion person but these were cooked well and I didn't notice them much. It came on a bed of greens which was a nice touch and complimented it well. I had the chocolate chip cookie (my recommendation) as it was soft and fresh but not soft in the uncooked doughy way. The s.o. had a lemon square that was really lemony (sp?) and they can turn it down on that a tad.

The tab came to $18.16 without a tip. It was fine as we were on vacation but I personally would not spend that on a weekly basis if I lived locally.

In the end, it was worth the visit.

1  Thank rayjay12002